Omg How Fucking Easy!!! (1 Viewer)

Sassasas

just did my beginners french written and listening exam.... (note: i realise there is prolly no other beginners french ppl on this forum) was so bloody easy!! i finished it in an hour.... rather than the 2 they give us... so here i am... stuck at school til mum comes and gets me :p
Hmmmm yeah... gonna be pissed if i dont get band 6... im going for exemplar :-D
lol
gonna go now... just wanted to gloat... gloating over now... tis hot... am hungry.... and am stuck at school... alrighty... you guys win

frenchie

HSC
Bonjour tout le monde...

yeah well i did the french beginners exam today aswell, i normally perform really well too and did find the written /reading paper quite simple. but i don't have the same feeling about the listening paper. i thought they were expecting abit too much in the time given to respond. oh well....either that or a combination of a crackling tape recorder and planes flying over the school every two seconds!

bonne chance pour les autres examens!

Theodosius

HSC
The French Beginners exam was pretty easy, I'm gunning against you, Sassasas for the exemplar band six :p

mystik_destiny

hey what did u guys get for the website?? they said it about 4 times and i still didnt get it. There were kids playing sport outside and they were really distracting.

mystik_destiny

i thought overall it waz pretty easy. i waz the last to leave in my class too! the listening was easy compared to the trials and im usually really bad at listening. in writing i waz ready to write a letter about New Caledonia but it said France instead. which one did u do 4 da writing? i ended up doin the letter coz i cant do nethin else!!

mystik_destiny

i wrote school but then i thought maybe it was in a staffroom so i wrote school staffroom lol i dont know

frenchie

HSC
i did the letter. yeah i agree the overall paper was quite easy - no suprises. the listening was not the best though i thought. like too many 3 - 5 mark questions where you needed alot of detail.

but i still didn't leave anything out.

do you normally do well in french? noo one in my class really cares about the subject......just me.....

go french!

frenchie

HSC
people say they left in one hour cos it was just sooo easy...i don't get that. didn't you still need time to thoroughly go through your comprehension answers ~ like the 5 mark ones. i don't no......just asking.

mystik_destiny

yeah i mean they dont give us two hours for nothing. i always stay till the end for every exam cos u never know if u remember somethingin that extra hour. id hate to remember something later on and say i shouldv'e stayed longer. but on the other hand they might be stressed out or cant handle the pressure

frenchie

HSC
cool. well its nice to hear from someone who enjoys this subject~my classes lack of enthusiasm could get a little depressing!

Sassasas

WOW!!! so many replys!! i was seriously starting to think that the 6 ppl at my school are the only ones who do beginnners french!!!

i agree the listening paper was a bit tricky...
question 1 - was in a high school, it was like a loud speaker announcement saying there would be room changes because their yr 12 equivilant would be doing exams
website question - pretty sure i didnt get it either but that sounds about right... it makes sense
It was definitely easy than my trial.. wonder if we had the same paper... only prob for this one was that it was very fucking windy and the rook kept trying to blow off... kinda annoying

i did check thru all my answers in the written paper, but i usually read all the texts in the reading time, so i already know the general jist.. its just a matter of writing in the answers once you get to writing time... i think they give us so long cos some ppl have to figure out the answers... i find french easy though, and usually do really well... im about the only person in my class who cares too.... but i did get the advantage of going to france for a month last yr and have relos over there... planning to go back at some stage.

i did the letter for writing too... asked for more paper cos i write kinda biggish... i dunno.. it was prolly only 120 words anyway

but... yeah... good to hear there are other ppl out there who actually care about french :) are any of you guys planning to do anything with french after school? im planning to be a primary school teacher so im hoping to integrate french in to my teaching as a lote

Oh yeah... on final thing... wat did we all think of the speaking paper?? i thought easy but im open to other interpretations... i go to coffs harbour senior college... what about you guys??

FINALLY... i know i said this already...
BONNE CHANCE!!!
AU REVOIR!!

frenchie

HSC
>>Sassasas

yeah it is nice to know other french enthusiasts exist....i go to moorebank high school. umm I felt the speaking paper was easy too, although if you notice, the trend in beginners speaking is towards open ended cues rather than specifics.....for the good students you can use all your great phrases and vocab....for the less capable student having to think on the spot for something to say may be quite demanding......

what textbook did you guys use? we touched upon french experience 1 and 2.....but they were abit tourist oriented....then we used some of tapis volant 2 and a new book called allons-y!,.......i even dared to venture into tpais volant 3. you can never get enough french.

were you guys completely involved in french throughout the year..reading le monde, french films blah blah blah?

it is such a fantastic subject and yes i would definately like to study it further....definately also to live in france for a while would be fantastic.

great hearing from you guys...i wish you all the best in future french studies and your upcoming exams......

maybe i'll see one of you in the newspaper for first in the state in french.....if you beat me.....grrrrr......i'm still amazed at the other pople who find this subject interesting..cos apart from me my class were anti-french for the whole 2 years

au revoir

Theodosius

HSC
We worked with The French Experience (BBC). I did french beginners in a class of 2 at JPC coffs. I thought it was all quite easy- for some reason, I heard www.fajeunes.fr. Did anyone else think the accents were suss, especially the man's ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)