Official UAI Results (1 Viewer)

Student Mum

HSC
Whatever I say, I can't win with this particular discussion and to tell you the truth, I don't feel it really matters if people get what I am saying or not. I am looking after all the issues relating to my kids and trying to make a better life for us, exactly what your parents were able to do and good on them for what they achieved.

For the other students, I am saying that they are unable to understand what is involved in trying to do what they are doing with financial pressures that they would have had if they were entirely on their own two feet. If they've taken it differently, then they've missed the point. It is their attitude I am responding to. Universities have a way adjusting attitudes and I'm sure that the person who made the comment before yours will learn at some point what it means.

And yes, I am also saying that they should make the most of their time at uni and not have regrets like I've had with the HSC. There is no shame in saying that. If one person can learn from my mistakes, then that is good. I don't regret my studies, it has led to an opportunity I'm ready to take. This forum was just a way discussing things and saying what I experienced as an older student. I got a whole tirade from people thinking I was blaming someone. It doesn't mean it's anyone's fault, just that I found it difficult. I didn't want sympathy, just other older students saying that they had a similar experience. Not someone who got results they wanted saying "boo hoo - that's your problem". I know it's my problem and those people who got involved in a discussion that didn't relate to them just showed their own ignorance.

The whole HSC thing should not just be about numbers, that's what this forum has degenerated to. It should be about finding your interests and abilities and sharing your views about how you found your HSC results. Contrary to any of the opinions flying around about what I'm saying, I've found a path that's suitable for me.

So let's just forget this whole thing and good luck in whatever all of you do. In the long run, I am pleased with what I've done and what I am planning for the future. If anyone is secure in their own results and plans for the future, they shouldn't take offence because they'd know I'm right about each person finding their place in the system. For the fiftieth time, I know where I stand and I'm studying in an area where I know how much I can do and what is not attainable - and none of it is anyone's fault! Surely, this must have clarified it.

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
Student Mum said:
The whole HSC thing should not just be about numbers, that's what this forum has degenerated to. It should be about finding your interests and abilities and sharing your views about how you found your HSC results.
are you kidding me?...this forum is based education hence why wouldnt a vast amount of the forum be related to marks....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)