Official BOS Trials 2013 Mathematics Papers: Parramatta Library. (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
A huge thank you to everybody who attended today! The event was a huge success and numbers were absolutely fantastic! I hope all of you had something to gain from this, whether it be a stash of questions, exam practice, or even some perspective.

I will be doing this event again next year, so be on the look-out around this time next year for a 2014 event!

Congratulations to all who completed the exams, and big respect to those who did ALL 3 exams.

I will be writing solutions + marking the papers over the next two weeks, and I will upload the results here in this thread anonymously. So be sure to regularly check the thread!

I'd like to give a huge thank you to Trebla, who lost many hours of sleep to help edit and review the papers. Your help is invaluable, and I am forever appreciative of your efforts.

To Parramatta Library, especially the lovely Librarian Katherine. Thank you again for providing a venue and for being ever so supportive of me for the events. This would most certainly not be possible without your help.

To the Moderators who attended, and the students who stayed back to help, I am so thankful that you were all there to assist me with whatever I needed help with. Your presence and help greatly facilitated in the smooth-ness of the event, and I am very grateful.

For those who are accelerated, I will be seeing you next year! For those who have their HSC this year, good luck for your HSC Exams, and I wish all the best for you and your future endeavors (which I hope includes some sort of Mathematics).

- Carrot.
Extension 2 Discussion: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=311674&p=6419024#post6419024

Extension 1 Discussion: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=311611

2 Unit Discussion: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=311676

Info
What: Difficult 2U, 3U and 4U exam papers that will challenge even the strongest of students. It is a fair bit more difficult than the average HSC examination paper, whilst still staying well within the syllabus.

When: 2nd and 3rd October.

Where: Parramatta Library.

Details
Requirements: Yourself + usual exam items (ie: pens, calculators etc).

Recommended: Comfortably in the B6/E4 range for the subject.

How to Register: Post in this thread registering your interest, AND send me a private message (http://community.boredofstudies.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1610920153) indicating your name, school, which exams you are interested in, and contact number should you not show up on the day.

Cost: No cost whatsoever. I believe that such content should be free, despite the many many hours that have gone into writing these papers.

The links to the 2012 general feedback + exam papers + solutions can be found here:

==============================================

Discussion Thread 2012: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=290602

3U Exam Paper + Solutions + Post-Exam Discussion: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=290913

4U Exam Paper + Solutions + Post-Exam Discussion: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=291051

==============================================

These exam papers are made to be difficult and best attempted by those who are already comfortably in the Band 6/E4 Range. They will not so much test your ability to perform calculations etc, but moreso test your ability to use the tools of 2U/3U/4U that you have learned in school.

Note: I STRONGLY suggest all 4U students to do all three exams. There will be a 1.5 hour break between the 4U and 2U exams. Besides, 2U is 'easy' isn't it? Surely a student of your calibre can handle a childish 2U exam....

Schedule
Here is the timetable for each day:

Wednesday 2nd OctoberThursday 3rd October
Mathematics Extension 1: 11am to 1pm Mathematics Extension 2: 10am to 1pm

Mathematics 2U: 2pm to 5pm.

After the exam, I will be personally marking all of them and posting up marks anonymously (ie: I allocate marks to A, B, C etc, and I will private message what letter you are).

I know some of the people will be doing the exam (not the same of course) second-time round. You guys know best what you're up against!

If you know anybody who is a 'beast at maths', I would really appreciate it if you could link them to this page. The idea of this exam after all is to challenge students of any level. If you think they may be up for the challenge, I'd love to have them attend!

If you are confused about anything at all, please let me know in this thread!

And feel free to let your friends know: https://www.facebook.com/BoredofStudies/posts/663443937013003

Carrot.

===================

Essay marking help available on the day! Bring your essays! They will be marked as you do the exam.

For those coming along, I would be willing to mark any essays you have for Modern History, Legal Studies or SOR whilst you do the exam. I can also check other humanities essays (ancient, eco, etc) - but I can only comment on structure/language/quality of thesis - I cant really give people much feedback on content.
I am also willing to provide feedback on essays.

Also, if anyone had a little bio Q before or after, I'd endeavour to help out with it :) Bio is cool beans.
I will be dropping by so you can bring Chemistry and/or Physics stuff for me to mark if you so desire.
====================

Attendance List 2U:

Arr0gance
MethewYan
gaoeric
Makematics
RealiseNothing
bobmcbob365
iBibah
Marcusee
cdias
twinklegal19
Stupidtree
swanlake
dennisays
Rikka
likeaBOS
bottleofyarn
Infntie
carriemello
Actuarial
redmospity
ForOneEon
AnimeX
ruben23
DrinkOJ
cdvd74
coyney
sick_kent
phoenix1
parklicious
psychotropic
Cat_finucane
OnionSpring
HeroicPandas
samir97
Amiiiiiin
Arbiter117
anthony_wheels
jerzyfort
zhilong95
Kelvin Hong
economivanics
user2013
tazzy95
zueya
LOLisaaa
r1b3na
Shadeseeker

Attendance List Extension 1: ATTENDANCE IS CLOSED

Arr0gance
MethewYan

gaoeric
Makematics
RealiseNothing
HeroicPandas
bobmcbob365
iBibah
lolman69
Marcusee
sick_kent
twinklegal19
chris_power_96
Stupidtree
fishrushed
swanlake
dennisays
Rikka
likeaBOS
adii
smashgh
bottleofyarn
Infntie
yuandme
RivalryofTroll
Lonely Magpie
carriemello
ngoweileanne
Actuarial
jzhang2
Deliriously
redmospity
rcptan
asianinvasion
MATHmaster
squirtle234
ForOneEon
AnimeX
ruben23
DrinkOJ

Attendance List Extension 2: ATTENDANCE IS CLOSED

Arr0gance
MethewYan

gaoeric
Makematics
RealiseNothing
bobmcbob365
iBibah
lolman69
twinklegal19
Fus Ro Dah
chris_power_96
Stupidtree
Sy123
fishrushed
swanlake
dennisays
Rikka
cmao
drakdaystar

smashgh
bottleofyarn
Infntie
yuandme
Lonely Magpie
ngoweileanne
Actuarial
jzhang2
Examine
crystarl
Deliriously
NinjaCaterpie
rcptan
MATHmaster
ForOneEon
AnimeX
mirrr
ruben23
DrinkOJ
oompaman
sick_kent
HeroicPandas
Lord Drac
parklicious
psychotropic
rural juror
abdullahalfadhl
Lanxal
tickieleu
harryharper

==========================

Reserve List for Extension 1

cdvd74
sick_kent
parklicious
oompaman
psychotropic
abdullahalfadhl
mashimaro
cuteFrigidkid
jerzyfort

Reserve List for Extension 2
mashimaro
cuteFrigidkid
[/FONT]

Last edited:
HSC
Very keensies to see the papers!

I want to remind everyone sitting the exams to thank all the contributors to the papers before doing the papers, because you might not want to say 'thanks' after them.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Very keensies to see the papers!

I want to remind everyone sitting the exams to thank all the contributors to the papers before doing the papers, because you might not want to say 'thanks' after them.
2012 paper looks suicidal.

integral95

HSC
Oh yeah are you going to provide booklets or just papers?

Cos I'm going to use a lot especially in the 4U paper since my writing is big.

seanieg89

HSC
Can I do it for fun if in Sydney? Am probably pretty slow these days though.

Web Addict

HSC
Am I able to do the papers if I'm unable to turn up for the exams?

By the way, why should 4 Unit Mathematics students do all three exams if you saying that 2 Unit Mathematics is 'easy' for 4 Unit Mathematics studnets? It seems like you're trolling about it being 'easy.'

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Can I do it for fun if in Sydney? Am probably pretty slow these days though.
Haha sure thing, if you like =)

Am I able to do the papers if I'm unable to turn up for the exams?

By the way, why should 4 Unit Mathematics students do all three exams if you saying that 2 Unit Mathematics is 'easy' for 4 Unit Mathematics studnets? It seems like you're trolling about it being 'easy.'
Currently deciding whether to upload the papers or not afterwards for this year.

The 2U exam isn't actually that 'easy', but it will stretch your abilities with even the most basic of types of problems.

So it's moreso to exercise how you apply your knowledge, rather than doing an exam to see how you fare.

Makematics

HSC
i am ready to get destroyed, and i will embrace this gracefully :) so count me in! also im guessing you need our real name in your inbox?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Get excited guys, after these papers you'll find the HSC a breeze and all the feedback you get from these will be so useful :D

Make Q16, Q14 and Q16 of the respective HSC papers a piece of cake. Definitely would say these would be super valuable for your studies, a fun day and definitely worth a commute.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
For those not familiar with the area, Parramatta station is fairly big/busy and the library is really close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)