Notional Band 6's (1 Viewer)

Regina_Phalange

HSC
What is a "notional band 6"? and what is the cutoff of a "notional Band 6" and an actual "band 6" [or E4]?

If anyone could provide actual Raw -> Scaled mark, that'd be great.

HSC
I'm not sure what a notional band 6 is, but I know what a band 6 (e4) is in 4u.

Generally 65 raw aligns to 90 HSC mark.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Oh I think its the thing at the end that says "If this person was to sit the Mathematics HSC exam, they likely would have received a Band X in this subject".

I think it is that. I think because every MX2 student gets that at the bottom of their results table on the morning they come out online. Also, I remember after results my teacher said that despite everyone in our MX2 class got E3 (dat 89 killed me) he was proud because we all got a notional Band 6 (actually I remember my teacher saying national Band 6 not notional, but he had an accent so hard to tell).

As for the cut-off, no clue at all. Its the hardest thing to determine. However I do know that for a student who got 63 in MX2, it said that they likely would have gotten a Band 5 in 2U if they sat the 2U exam.

Disclaimer: Not sure if this is the right thing someone (Braintic, Drongoski, Carrotsticks, Trebla) tell me off or back me up here haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)