Not happy jan (1 Viewer)

SXCBEAST

HSC
No offence, but the 1st person creative wasn't a disadvantage at all. A good student is flexible enough to write a story from any perspective.
I agree. I did romanticism Mine were a series of letters from mother and daughter and didn't fit the stimulus but I made it work.

13abie

HSC
Just in reference to all the people saying just use first person as dialogue and move to third person afterwoulds.

By doing that, in a way you are just proving that you have a prepared response. The stimulus is supposed to direct your story rather than just be thrown in at the beginning and then ignored the rest of the way. If I they give you a first person stimulus, just sort of cheating it by using it as dialogue or something is probably gonna just make you look less sophisticated off the bat in the eyes of the marker.

SXCBEAST

HSC
Just in reference to all the people saying just use first person as dialogue and move to third person afterwoulds.

By doing that, in a way you are just proving that you have a prepared response. The stimulus is supposed to direct your story rather than just be thrown in at the beginning and then ignored the rest of the way. If I they give you a first person stimulus, just sort of cheating it by using it as dialogue or something is probably gonna just make you look less sophisticated off the bat in the eyes of the marker.
A senior hsc marker told me that they are not there to try and make you think of one on the spot (which anyway would be completely cruel, cause creative writing cannot be done well on the spot by 98% of people). they put stimulus to see who can integrate their response in a clever way to a prepared story. and the stimulus told us to put it in the beginning anyway (at least for romanticism).

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Not really. It shows they weren't entirely comfortable with doing the whole story in 1st person and wanted to shift the focus onto third person. That by no means necessarily equates to them all having prepared responses.

katoji

HSC

What if I integrated third person/first person throughout? Like it started off with the diary entry, then it switched the to event of the crime. Then at certain plot points, it would switch to the personal entry of a killer, explaining motive, and their situation etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)