Need guidance on switching subject selection from english standard > advanced (1 Viewer)

yanujw

HSC
My situation is basically the title. Earlier this year I was a bit of an idiot and chose English standard over advanced for next year, but now I'm wondering if there's any way that I can get into advanced for next year. Our school hasn't published the list of classes yet, but I know I ranked high enough to get into advanced, but I forgot to ask my teachers about what I can do and now school has ended for the year. I heard that if you do well enough in your first assessment you can get transferred, so is this true? Or can I just directly go into advanced by requesting it? What are my options here, because I really don't want to get stuck in standard.

quickoats

HSC
My situation is basically the title. Earlier this year I was a bit of an idiot and chose English standard over advanced for next year, but now I'm wondering if there's any way that I can get into advanced for next year. Our school hasn't published the list of classes yet, but I know I ranked high enough to get into advanced, but I forgot to ask my teachers about what I can do and now school has ended for the year. I heard that if you do well enough in your first assessment you can get transferred, so is this true? Or can I just directly go into advanced by requesting it? What are my options here, because I really don't want to get stuck in standard.
You could probably even get it changed this year, since you haven’t even started the course yet. Try seeing the English faculty, and they might relay you on to the admin team. It doesn’t hurt to ask :)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I swapped into a subject in week 3 of Y12 and the 1st assessment was in week 6 or something like that so I think you'll be ok, just try do it as early as you can. Pretty sure in the first 3 weeks of Y11 you can change anything you want (my school was like that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)