my thoughts on the adv modules paper (1 Viewer)

nic_rei

HSC
I thought that was a horrible paper!! Ive got such a bad feeling about it...

Section 1, with transformations (Em / CLue) - i talked about the different values in the contexts and how these had been transformed - is this right?

Section 2, with King Lear, I did an essay (with a bit of persuasion for the 'arguement' thing) discussing two productions of the play, in relation to the readings of it. Cept I didnt do enough on relevant themes though to argue it didnt have a "use by date"..eek

And Section 3, with Frontline, i totally ran out of time for this essay and bodged it up - only got to discuss two frontline episodes with minimal detail...and also, when it said "AT LEAST two related," did you have to do three? I only did two.

I hated every moment of that paper and relish in the fact that its OVER!!!! :chainsaw:

sar567

nic, dont stress bout it. at least 2 means u have to do 2 not 3.

you neva have to do english again, thats a positive thought :)
unless ur me and stupedly do ext.

nic_rei

HSC
and also for FRontline one, i didnt adopt a journalist persona...how could i have done? did everyone else?

In King Lear, for the "reception in different contexts" bit, what were we meant to discuss there? I said it was valued differnetly in S.peare's time, then went on to comment on the contexts of Eyre and Olivier's productions. And what did it mean by form? Of course its just a play, isnt it?

i know i shouldnt kick myself for things in the past but reading all the responses about how everyone thought theyd done so well was really getting me down.:(

but thanks for the encouragement anyway sar!

Last edited:

AshleaSK

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you! They realise we're rushed and can't do such a thorough job as we ordinarily would, and remember, everyone is in the same boat when it comes to being pushed for time, it's all relative! Chin up.

spark

On the article, I just incorporated this 'Media Analyst' persona who basically quoted chunks off my arguments. :p

nic_rei

HSC
thanks ashlea, i guess you're right. I mean, 40 mins to compress a whole unit of knowledge just is ridiculous.

Lets hope they're marking easy...and that my responses dont get put in the standards packages under "band 1-2"!!! :eek:

AshleaSK

I think the primary point of the journalist concept for a HSC supplement was to establish firstly the style and then the tone.

nic_rei

HSC
Originally posted by AshleaSK
I think the primary point of the journalist concept for a HSC supplement was to establish firstly the style and then the tone.
but what do you mean?

I mean, how is the journalist meant to condemn himself? surely thats not right

AshleaSK

Ah, but he/she would most likely (seeing as they were doing it as a HSC supplement for the telling the truth unit) have been more of a Rob Sitch type, condemming the practices of others in the media, and the hunger of the general public to be lied to, rather than condemning the media as an entity.

nic_rei

HSC
phew, i think i did that then

was it meant to be first person?

nic_rei

HSC
well i think i did it wrong then because i got carried away and did a crappy essay. damn damn damn!!! its so frustrating!!!

sar567

hehe, well my argument was basically just my essay and my article was just my essay, i would start the right way i would forget wht i was meant to be doing and just slip back into basic essay mode. but oh well cant be helped. by the way nice if ur the nic rei i think u are thn we go to the same school.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Go Lambton!

Yeah, all three of my responses were just essays with two or three lines to make it seem like an argument/article.

Don't worry about it Nic, the markers will hopefully mark easily for us, and even if they don't - you always have your damn good assessment rank to fall back on. You'll be fine! ;)

Jacks

HSC
When I read the question, or at least what the heading of the article was supposed to be, about truth never being simple I had visions of all these different people using that quote from Oscar Wilde about truth never being simple. Did anyone use that quote if you know which one I am talking about...?

Lolliana

yeah i used it, even though that was the stimulous for last years paper...i think i used it as a segway

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
wot does it mean by: 'The truth is Not Simple'? and how would u discuss it in relation to 'the siege' and 'add sex and stir'?

nic_rei

HSC
Thanks Honky Tonk (hehe what a cute name!) - you're always full of encouragement :)
I'm past worrying about the english now - whatever happens is meant to happen
2 weeks to go till freedom...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)