My parents do not like me anymore because of my results (1 Viewer)

ahmed.f

HSC
I showed my parents my state rank and they were happy

When I showed them my ATAR and other results they were disappointed and said I was a waste of time and money

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
parents say exaggerated and hurtful things when they're disappointed but it's usually just in the heat of the moment, I doubt your parents "don't like you anymore" over something trivial (in hindsight) such as atar, I'm certain they're still proud of you and will hopefully express this once the results hype has passed, the fact that you got a state rank is amazing in itself and I'm sure your other results are plenty great parents just set the bar too high sometimes smh. all the best for your future :")

ahmed.f

HSC
parents say exaggerated and hurtful things when they're disappointed but it's usually just in the heat of the moment, I doubt your parents "don't like you anymore" over something trivial (in hindsight) such as atar, I'm certain they're still proud of you and will hopefully express this once the results hype has passed, the fact that you got a state rank is amazing in itself and I'm sure your other results are plenty great parents just set the bar too high sometimes smh. all the best for your future :")
Thank you you are the most reasonable person I have come across on this forum

icycledough

HSC

When I showed them my ATAR and other results they were disappointed and said I was a waste of time and money
Another point to consider is the course you want to do in university; of course, parents will always want their children to achieve the best ATAR they can, even if it is well above the threshold required for a specific university course. But at the end of the day, getting a 99 ATAR for a course with an ATAR threshold of 80 won't be any different to getting an 85 ATAR.

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A

Its going to be ok, you smashed the hsc!!! you deserve it all including whats waiting for you on the other side I wish you all the best

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Can't tell if this guy is trolling or in genuine need of help because his parents don't give him the attention he wants.

Jojofelyx

HSC

That sounds horrible, but like a previous comment has touched upon, atar is gonna become a distant memory before you know it. A state rank alone is something to be extremely proud of, and again congratulations for that man. I think it would be appropriate to just have an open discussion with your parents, and honestly let them have much more realistic expectations. out of 60,000 kids wanting an atar im sure about 1000 of them want a 99.95, wonder how many get it? 45. There's bound to be disappointment and them being sensitive to that is gonna be a good thing in the future and for you as well. As for the "waste of time and money", yeah definitely a heat of the moment thing. I personally would try not to take that to heart (heard kinda similar things from my parents too lol)

Edit: nvm, he's a troll, and we've been played 💀
I feel no sympathy for you anymore ahmed, pray to the lords above that your parents remain eternally disappointed ✊🏾

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)