Music 2 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

pencilspanker

HSC
Honestly really weird, exam was less concept based than I thought it would be. Q4 was fuckin weird, how do composers create style.. I was really expecting an unseen comparison for q4 as they had been doing that for the past few years now. Also the q4 was very similar to 2010

brbstudying

HSC
Am I the only one who likes general/vague questions? I feel like that really broadens what you can talk about.

Also really happy that melodic dictation was 5 marks and not 8 like it was in my trials.

I definitely struck lucky with the extended response because I didn't prepare an elective piece at all.

Overall I thought it was a really easy exam

pencilspanker

HSC
I hated that last question, I was really expecting an unseen Q4 where u had to compare either mandatory or additional! I hated that question because it was so vague and broad. Like rhe idea of having an unseen is a lot better I reckon because it allows people to actually show of their musical analysis skills on the spot! But nonetheless, still bs’d the whole thing and answered it! But yeah I thought dictation was quite easy tho, I just couldn’t get the rhythm at first, but in the end I got all of it :p

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Did people find it to be similar "hardness" to other HSC past exams? Or easier than your trial exam?
The hardest part for me was that the excerpts were heaps long but the questions were really broad with not much writing space.

So there was os much to talk about but you didn't know what they were looking for (e.g. I think Q1 was like "what are the instruments doing" - a 2 marker, 3 lines of writing space and a >1 minute extract)

Also there wasn't much variety in the pieces - usually you get a whole bunch of styles within art music but these were kind of dry I thought.

I didn't go in with anything prepared for Q4 and was relying on getting half the marks with whatever unseen they would hit us with. Without giving an unseen, they really only benefited people who went in with stuff memorised (rather than giving marks for being able to analyse). Just had to make up a bunch of stuff on my performance pieces :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)