Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok, since some of you are lazy and arguing about quality assurance, I thought, like hopefully many of you smart cookies out there :p have referred to the heinemann text book in spite of an answer concerning this. lol.

FROM THE BOOK:
"The process of ensuring that the end product meets the standards set for a 'quality product' is known as quality assurance."

In this case, the answer would be B, ensuring the software is of high quality.

Unfortunatly, I have heard that the excel book says differently, but if someone would like to tell me what the excel book says, it would make it all much clearer on the answer.

HSCExamMarker

HSC
N/A
according to the book, needs are often broad, and not specific, whereas objectives are the essential requirments that are often specific.

?

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
nah 7a is probably the most definite answer out of the entire multiple choice.

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
HSCExamMarker said:
according to the book, needs are often broad, and not specific, whereas objectives are the essential requirments that are often specific.

?
I can see where you are coming from there,
But personally i can see a need as being specific.

ie. "The objective of the project is to make a program which will do the payroll/tax, The needs include tax calculation and automated BAS forms"

Allthough i could see it being the same the other way, "The need is for a tax proram, objectives are that it does BAS and tax calculation"

-=DD32=-

LordSeafood

HSC
According to the Samuel Davis QA is
"used to ensure the standards are observed. Customers percieve quality according to their expectations about the software product."
This points me in the direction of C

But then in Allan Fowlers text book
as quoted by fullmetaljacket gives the impression of B

Damn this differing opinions ... lets all agree the only winner is BOS :mad:

HSC
Yes, it's like having many different versions of the bible...which god do we obey?? lol.

I go with Allan because Allan is a better name!! Soo obviously Allan is correct. :p

theking2nv99

LordSeafood said:
According to the Samuel Davis QA is
"used to ensure the standards are observed. Customers percieve quality according to their expectations about the software product."
This points me in the direction of C

But then in Allan Fowlers text book
as quoted by fullmetaljacket gives the impression of B

Damn this differing opinions ... lets all agree the only winner is BOS :mad:
go to page 389, there's ur definition, down the bottom (for those that have the Samuel Davis textbook)

MarsBarz

HSC
Straight from dictionary.com,
Quality assurance - a program for the systematic monitoring and evaluation of the various aspects of a project, service, or facility to ensure that standards of quality are being met.

The key phrase here is "standards of quality". Which would indicate that the answer is B in my opinion. However, I think that BOS is at fault for making such an ambiguous question. Blame them.

Anna K

HSC
I'm not sure about Q6, I was tossing up between B and C, I put B in the end but I could easily be convinced for C. I screwed up Q13, easiest thing in the world - I put D . Stupid girl, 3 isn't classified as a digit!
For question 7, I put (b), and as far as Sam Davis and I are concerned, it's right. And I quote (pg 78 of mr davis for those who are playing along at home) -

"The business has establised a list of needs as follows:
1. Orders must be processed more efficiently.
2. Overdue acounts need to be dealt with more efficiently.
3. Items on backorder should always be filled before new orders...:
And so on until need 5. Then:
"After further discussion and analysis a set of objectives is developed as follows:
-90% of orders will leave the premises within 48 hours. Customers whose orders are not filled in this time are contacted by phone.
-Overdue acounts are generated automatically after 30 days..."
And so on.

So it can be seen from this example (and the overally impression the author gives in the previous discussion of needs and objectives) that needs are a broad statement of intent and objectives are an essential component of the software.

And somebody slap me coz I've gone into exam writing mode.

chaotichampster

HSC
And the guy from the nerd school says:

1. A (its not talking about design methods)
2. C
3. C
4. D
5. B
6. C (thats a straight excel answer!!!)
7. A
8. A
9. D
10. C
11. A
12. B
13. A
14. A
15. B
16. D (not so sure here)
17. B (as above)
18. A
19. B
20. D

I reckon I should pull off a high band 5 flat mark, which will get scaled to mid 90's.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
meh. normo.

I'm pretty sure it's 6C as it asks for the 'best' answer. C is more specific than B.

88 last year aligned to 94.

breesy

Anna K said:
*Slap* for you and *slap for BOS for the ambiguous questions, i dare say that they will take both B,C for 6. I put B, but think C is more technically correct.

MarsBarz

HSC
For Q7,

Well I think Sam Davis is wrong and he deserves a spanking from you :p.

Here's my argument explaining why the answer is A:

First of all, read B.
B states that a need is a broad statement of intent. And that an objective is an essential component of the software.

Say it out loud.

It doesn't ring.

But anyway let's go to dictionary.com, since it never lies!
According to dictionary.com,

A need is a necessity, an obligation, something that is required. (ie: the answer is A)

An objective is something worked toward or striven for, a goal. (ie: further confirming that the answer is A)

Thus I believe that the answer is A, although I can see your concern here. Another ambiguous question, +1 point to BOS.

HSCExamMarker

HSC
N/A
Anna K said:
I'm not sure about Q6, I was tossing up between B and C, I put B in the end but I could easily be convinced for C. I screwed up Q13, easiest thing in the world - I put D . Stupid girl, 3 isn't classified as a digit!
For question 7, I put (b), and as far as Sam Davis and I are concerned, it's right. And I quote (pg 78 of mr davis for those who are playing along at home) -

"The business has establised a list of needs as follows:
1. Orders must be processed more efficiently.
2. Overdue acounts need to be dealt with more efficiently.
3. Items on backorder should always be filled before new orders...:
And so on until need 5. Then:
"After further discussion and analysis a set of objectives is developed as follows:
-90% of orders will leave the premises within 48 hours. Customers whose orders are not filled in this time are contacted by phone.
-Overdue acounts are generated automatically after 30 days..."
And so on.

So it can be seen from this example (and the overally impression the author gives in the previous discussion of needs and objectives) that needs are a broad statement of intent and objectives are an essential component of the software.

That's what i thought too. and all my class put b for dat question!
One of them is aiming for at least top 5 in the states...
Well I re-checked the book, and i still think b is a right answer

LordSeafood

HSC
I got 7A as it was common sense to me ... remember back when you had to write out needs and waNts (on a general level) and needs are food, water ect. (read essential) so A just seemed the obvious answer. I really shouldnt use common sense in a SDD though test should i :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)