Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Owyn

HSC
how can the term source code be ambigious :S Its the coding before execution. An assembler language is not object code, it is source code, and decompilation is very clearly the transforming of object code to source code , it was a key word in the social and ethical part of the course.

However I agree with nedim's(Pop 'n' Fresh) answer all except for two points.
2 i believe was d, this however unlike the last two that argued it was not becuase i believe online documentation has to do with the internet. When i read the scenario the answer that jumped out at me was user manual. This is by the course the obvious documentation which inexperienced users need, as it inticated how to operate the program. However that answer was not their, and so it was between online and user specification. Although for most computer game software you might just play until you get the jist of it then use online help to figure out stuff you don't understand, most software applications are for commercial use, where the users need to be trained in an application BEFORE using it. Therefore while online documentation would definately help an inexperienced user, the more correct answer in my opinion is user specification as this is would include a user manual, and train the user in the operation of the system BEFORE it was used.

The next is 15, where i believe it is d. Clearly its not legal as no laws are involved, and there is no mention of copyright or licencing agreements so we can safely assume a and c are the incorrect. The scenario relates to personnel blammed in a system for mistakes of the software. The enviromental implication of computing is that the roles of personnel have been changed to one where they are blammed for the systems mistakes. An ethical implication of computing, bah screw it, i cant explain why i put this, it just seemed like the more correct answer, its an enviromental change, and its bad that people get blamed wrongly, so i guess its ethical too.

Anyways thats just my reasons, unfortunately in multiple choice it doesn't matter how solid your logic, if theres is different :( anyways moving onto that test was easy :)

sig

HSC
10 is C

I'm 80% sure

Obtaining low level source (assembler usually) code from object code is decompilation

Reverse/Backward Engineering...same thing?

They both are analysing a program's design and function but not involving any code conversion

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
i dont agree with the environmenal thigny andrew, but i do agree with user specification (if it means user manuals)...
i was actually thinking about that in the test... "i wonder if they mean user manuals... meh doesnt matter =p"

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im sure online documentation doesnt mean internet. Its the troubleshooting guide and stuff. For the q15 i reckon it was ethical issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)