Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Archman

HSC
N/A
i reckon 6 is a
data dictionary is much more useful than a user manual.

I mean if you r a programmer, surely you must have some clue of what's going on.(rather than to the extent of using user manual.)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
A for 6 forsure.... the new programmer needs to know what the last programmer used for varibles and other things that the data dictionary contains. a user manual tells someone how to use the program, not how the program was created.

im sure A is correct

Archman

HSC
N/A
1c 2a 3c 4d 5d 6a 7d 8d 9a 10c 11c 12a 13c 14b 15b 16b 17b 18d 19c 20b
thats what i reckon the answers are anyway.

msi

well shish i got some wrong:S

but i must say that q9 is a... without a doubt... read the protocol

question 6 is a.... the PROGRAMMER would need the datadictionary... the USER would want the user manual.... its multiple choice, its surposed to trick you

and q17. i got d at first but then realised the b is the only one that actually finishes the loop.... if you look at D then u notice that just before it check if 1 > 3 it sets a(3) to be one bigger then A(1)... so then how could a(1) be bigger then a(3) in the next line??? exatly... so its B

and for 19 why not D???? it does effect all of them cuz you need to konw what going in and what going out.... and therefore effect all the modules

milton

HSC
Maximus said:
:( :( :( .... Why isn't 4 B?
It said that each module operated correctly, but when the system operated as a whole, there was a problem. By elimination of the possibilties, since if there's no problem with the modules itself then the problem must be the interface between the modules

Option C isnt fully wrong, it could be a possibility, but the question doesnt mention anything about large file sizes.

In the traditional of all MC's, there's always 2 obviously wrong answers, 1 thats correct, and 1 thats MORE correct... i.e. in q4 - D

xarg

BUBZ :D
HSC
1. c
2. a
3. c
4. d
5. d
6. a
7. d
8. d
9. a - trick in the wording, the addition is stored in r2 not r1
10. c or d - i'm not sure what SDD refers to as "object code"
11. c
12. the question sucks
13. c
14. b - this is one of the worst data structures i've ever seen, but the array is an array of ints, quite clearly.
15. b
16. I would guess D but it's a really ambiguous question and am glad I didn't have to answer it :p
17. b
18-20. These questions are shit.

Last edited:

Hypoviax

Michael
HSC
14 is A i think because the array starts at 0 for both so it goes 0,1 and 2,1 in order to get the 10. You guys would be right if the array started at 1 but it starts at 0.

Hypoviax

ZzJasonzZ

Hypoviax said:
14 is A i think because the array starts at 0 for both so it goes 0,1 and 2,1 in order to get the 10. You guys would be right if the array started at 1 but it starts at 0.

Hypoviax
14 is not A the key is in the wording.. the first row is the year.. year 1, 2, 3 the second row is the ages 10,11 etc and the 3rd roow is how many people in that year are that age... so in year 1 there are 12 people of age 10 and in year 2 there are 9 people of age 10 so the answer is (0,2) + (2,2)

Sue10w

Didn't do the exam, but, my answers would have been ...
1 C
2 A
3 no correct response - after the loop, the value of n is 4, answer should be 1234
(anyone else agree here?)
4 D
5 D
6 A
7 D
8 D
9 A
10 C
11 C
12 A
13 C
14 B
15 A Question related to determining responsibility for an error in a computerised system - does this not make it a potential legal implication?
16 B
17 B
18 D
19 C
20 B
Many questions were poorly worded and/or ambiguous, so interpretation was a problem with deciding upon the most correct response!

Hypoviax

Michael
HSC
Yeah, you are right, i read the question wrong. Ok what about q16. There is no input in the db ever so how can the student list get updated? Therefore i think the answer would be D since the details would be incorrect since they are never updated

Hypoviax

xeriphic

01c
02a
03d
04d
05d
06a
07d
08d
09a
10c
11c
12a
13c
14b
15b
16b
17a
18b
19c
20b

these are my answers, couple wrong

token girl

HSC
1. c
2. a
3. c
4. d
5. d
6. a
7. d
8. d
9. a
10. d
11. c
12. a
13. c
14. b
15. b
16. b
17. b
18. d
19. c
20. b

I seem to agree with most people. Q10, anyone agree that its d? Its ambiguous I know, and probably splitting hairs but it does depend on what they mean by source code. Decompilation translatesexecutable code into assembler code. Reverse engineering uses decompilation to create a similar/identical program (i.e the source code) from the assembler code. hmm...now I'm not sure. I think they should take both.

raidan

HSC
N/A
i rekon 2 is d)
inexperienced users, i thought it meant that they dont know crap about computers so how would they be competent in acessing the internet to find out information about the program ?

just a thought

xeriphic

online doesn't mean the internet, it means documentations which are built into the program, such as help files and so on

xeriphic

token girl said:
1. c
2. a
3. c
4. d
5. d
6. a
7. d
8. d
9. a
10. d
11. c
12. a
13. c
14. b
15. b
16. b
17. b
18. d
19. c
20. b

I seem to agree with most people. Q10, anyone agree that its d? Its ambiguous I know, and probably splitting hairs but it does depend on what they mean by source code. Decompilation translatesexecutable code into assembler code. Reverse engineering uses decompilation to create a similar/identical program (i.e the source code) from the assembler code. hmm...now I'm not sure. I think they should take both.
question 10 can't be d, since reverse engineering is the analysis of program by examing the source code and structure to identify the components and interrelationships within the program, true that it uses decompilation, but it is focused on analysing the program

while decompilation is the process of converting object code into low level source code

sladehk

le random
HSC
1.c
2.d
3.c
4.d
5.d
6.a
7.d
8.d
9.b
10.d
11.b
12.a
13.c
14.d
15.b
16.b
17.b
18.d
19.c
20.b

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
token girl said:
I said 10 D too... I googled it and I'm getting some conflicting info, one website says:

"In brief, reverse engineering attempts to produce source code from object code by the use of disassemblers, decompilers, debuggers, and related tools."

I don't think there is enough of a distinction and they should award both answers.

Archman

HSC
N/A
no, reverse engineering is the attempt to figure out the working of a program, or even a car. but transforming object code into source code is decompilcation. It is one way of reverse engineering.

Hypoviax

Michael
HSC
Put it this way. Source code to object code is compilation. Therefore the reverse, object to source, has to be decompilation.

Hypoviax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)