Multiple Choice Solutions (1 Viewer)

Constantine

HSC
You're not alone- I had filled in that answer but luckily I had time to check. And I know a lot of people in the same boat :((
lol just went through the paper again and i also read youth UNEMPLOYMENT as youth EMPLOYMENT
Beat that. /gg to me

got the easy stuff wrong. trust.

trungduong12

HSC
Someone pls post the correct MC ?

Edited: GOT IT ! THANKS ECOGOD !! xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

christt1996

HSC
is 19 really b? its what i said so it would be nice but i think it is actually a
10wp + 15 tariff = 25 price
tariff reduces by 5
price now 20
at 20 there is 20 mil sold
change in tariff revenue actually 20 x 5
= a?

GOsie

HSC
is 19 really b? its what i said so it would be nice but i think it is actually a
10wp + 15 tariff = 25 price
tariff reduces by 5
price now 20
at 20 there is 20 mil sold
change in tariff revenue actually 20 x 5
= a?
I had A but I understand why the answer is B.

Basically, the world price remains at 10 therefore it's actually 20 x 10. Government gets 4 boxes not 2.

photastic

HSC
The rate of inflation outpaced the growth in nominal GDP (delivering a lower real rate of growth), so the answer is D.
Umm, I found CPI to increase by 1.94 whereas Nominal GDP increased by 5, hence its C

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
How did you arrive at that figure for the CPI?
CPI = Nominal GDP/Real GDP X 100
CPI (2013) = 100/100 X 100 = 100
CPI (2014) = 105/103 X 100 = 101.94

Hence CPI change = 101.94 - 100 = 1.94

Nominal GDP change = 105 - 100 = 5

Hence it is so clear its C

Can some1 pls explain to me q14
I went with B
Expansionary monetary policy = RBA buying securities to decrease interest rates.
Thus, the commercial banks lose the securities but in return, they get money from the RBA.

Last edited:

BiasedBuffalo

HSC
Can some1 pls explain to me q14
I went with B
Expansionary monetary policy = lower the cash rate.

So, to lower the cash rate, the RBA BUYS CSGs back from commercial banks, hence depositing money into exchange settlement accounts and decreasing the demand of funds in the overnight money market. This decreases the cash rate.

So if the RBA buys CSGs, the number held by commercial banks decreases. By buying CSGs, they deposit money into the ESAs.
Hence A.

photastic

HSC
Expansionary monetary policy = lower the cash rate.

So, to lower the cash rate, the RBA BUYS CSGs back from commercial banks, hence depositing money into exchange settlement accounts and decreasing the demand of funds in the overnight money market. This decreases the cash rate.

So if the RBA buys CSGs, the number held by commercial banks decreases. By buying CSGs, they deposit money into the ESAs.
Hence A.
State rank right here.

christt1996

HSC
ok ty i got muddled on this one during the exam and couldnt figure it out

njweno

HSC
Can someone explain D? I thought the tariff at $15 would give the imports a 40mil unit advantage, so you would need a quota at $5 that would have the same result, hence a 60 mil quota? But maybe I should be looking at price as well? Just curious

KylemeloSW6

HSC
Can someone explain D? I thought the tariff at $15 would give the imports a 40mil unit advantage, so you would need a quota at $5 that would have the same result, hence a 60 mil quota? But maybe I should be looking at price as well? Just curious
If you look at the graph, when there is a tariff of $5, there is domestic supply at 30 Million units, but demand of 70 million. Therefore, to get the same effect as a $5 tariff, you have to restrict foreign important supply to 40 million units, to have the same effect as the $5 tariff.

brian1

HSC
For q6, wouldn't the answer be D. B is an example of reduced externality not a positive externality. I would say increase job is the positive externality, but ofc I may be wrong thoughts?

cheers

KylemeloSW6

HSC
For q6, wouldn't the answer be D. B is an example of reduced externality not a positive externality. I would say increase job is the positive externality, but ofc I may be wrong thoughts?
cheers
Without even thinking too much into it, just think of the logic of D being the right answer. Where is the causal link between a new airport being built leading to increase job creation at the existing airport? A positive externality is essentially a benefit that is enjoyed by a third-party, so by creating a completely separate airport that has nothing to do with the existing airport, a benefit is enjoyed by people driving into the existing airport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)