multiple choice help (1 Viewer)

AnandDNA

HSC
What best explains increasing interfaith dialogue in Australia since 1945?
a) growing secularism
b) increased sectarianism
c)the work of the council for ABoriginal Reconciliation
d) Catholic membership of the NCCA

You are all forgetting this dot pot in syallbus

The relationship between
Aboriginal spiritualities and
religious traditions in the process
of Reconciliation

Also secularism has nothing to do with interfaith dialogue

and further the religious traditions discussing reconcilaition has incraesed dialgoue between religious traditions

well that was my thought on the question anyway. i may be wrong :)

samtaclaus

HSC
What best explains increasing interfaith dialogue in Australia since 1945?
a) growing secularism
b) increased sectarianism
c)the work of the council for ABoriginal Reconciliation
d) Catholic membership of the NCCA

You are all forgetting this dot pot in syallbus

The relationship between
Aboriginal spiritualities and
religious traditions in the process
of Reconciliation

Also secularism has nothing to do with interfaith dialogue

and further the religious traditions discussing reconcilaition has incraesed dialgoue between religious traditions

well that was my thought on the question anyway. i may be wrong :)
You're right in that it is a syllabus point, but the Council for Aboriginal Reconciliation isn't a religious body is it?
Also, secularism does have an impact on interfaith dialogue.

kandyman

HSC
good work i think it is C, althought i put something else. Overall i thought the multiple choice was rather simple, and just as my opinion, i thought section 3 was not as bad as people r characterising it as

MzBiiBii

HSC
good work i think it is C, althought i put something else. Overall i thought the multiple choice was rather simple, and just as my opinion, i thought section 3 was not as bad as people r characterising it as

I didn't like multiple choice :( But then again that's my weakest area... but still, It sucks losing simple marks like that.

blabla91

HSC
I didn't like multiple choice :( But then again that's my weakest area... but still, It sucks losing simple marks like that.
totally agree, I think Ive lost about 4 marks in multiple choice (2u paper) and all for stupid errors (like not remembering hinduism was larger than buddhism :mad1: )

I think the interfaith dialogue answer was a. This is because b refers to denominations and whilst reconciliation is a reason for interfaith dialogue it is a much smaller reason than the secularism of society which has created a need for a united religious voice

also myths and legends are definitely a part of aborginal spirituality it incorporates their stories of how the world began, the ancestor spirits etc, smoking ceremonies and totems seem too token.

I'm still undecided on q9. i put decline in christian numbers, but I think its most likely social justice

Freshjiver

HSC
These are all my answers; for the debatable ones i will put my reasoning for choosing that particular options.
I may be wrong, i'm highly doubting i got them all right.

1) A : easy one, read in macquarie guide those exact words "...renew and conserve life".
2) A : it was either a) or c) but i chose a). This was because the phrase "myths, legends and enactment ceremonies" characterises a white person's view of the dreaming; the rainbow serpent legend, etc, rather than an aboriginal view. They don't see their ancestors as myths and legends, but rather, beings. For an aboriginal, central to their spiritual beliefs, aka the Dreaming, are ceremonies and totems, leading to me choosing A).
3) C : easy, black + white peace doves, symbolism.
4) B : spiritual connection
5) C : standard definition of Wik case
6) A : now this is a debatable one. i took a stab at this, because in general, considering the amount of immigration, which is the largest factor leading to multifaith australia, the % amount of christians has dropped compared to buddhism, islam etc. therefore, the PROPORTION of anglicans and catholics to other religions would have dropped from being a basically white, anglosaxon nation in 1945 to a multicultural society in 2006. correct me if i'm wrong, but thats how i took it.
7: B
8: B : a guess, but i'm pretty sure meditation is integral to new age spirituality.
9: A : yeah, i think this is right, it seemed a stretch but it wouldn't be B, C or D.
10: C : this was difficult, as it could be a) or b). i'm doubting whether c) was the correct choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)