Multiple choice answers right here.. (1 Viewer)

rob333

HSC
not robbie

i got 14 wrong. i got b. damn me for not thinking... a is right coz increasing xport prices cause a improvement in the terms of trade coz u can purchase more imoports for the same amount of exports.

i got 17 wrong aswell i got b, im still thinking that is right but i was tossing up between a and b anyways i just picked wrong one.. damn eny meeny miny mo.

ohwell 18/20 is pretty damn good.. YAY me

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
arghh!! i got the same question wrong again... sigh i got 19/20 :( assuming 17 is b... sigh... stupid q7

kid2220

can someone post a set of solutions that are CORRECT!!! i think i got 19 or 18.. dependin on question 17. I did the stupidest mistake in question 2!! so i got one wrong definately!! =(! so ya.. a set of RIGHT SOLUTIONS would help.. thanx guys my solutions are..

1)d
2)c ... but its b .. im soo stupid
3)a
4)c
5)a
6)b
7)b
8)d
9)d
10)d
11)c
12)b
13)d
14)a
15)a
16)d
17)b
18)a
19)c
20)c

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
fuck so pissed off

i put D for 1 and then for some reason it turned out as C so fuck i got 1 wrong and that was the fuckin easiest one... :angry:

but yeh, 19/20 for me

disco_Dave -- 1 is world bank, they do all the humanitarian stuff... IMF does all the loans etc... dw... we can be dumb together ;)

kid2220

1 is D definatlely. I QUOTE from my leading edge textbook..

"The Internatinol Monetary Fund is arguably the most important institution in the global economy. Its role is to maintain international financial stability, particularly in relation to foreign exchange markets."

IN THE TEXT BOOK, ITS BOLDED FOR YOU! check it out.. page 32 in the leading edge textbook by tim dixon and john o mahony

so there you have it.. stop whingin n crying

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Ok, these are my answers and why i got them, considering i'm looking at about 10-12 / 20 don't take any notice.

1: C) I remembered something about the IMF funding development projects in countries that can't afford it. Looking at it now D makes much more sense, and the answer is D. Fantastic. I'm a fucking idiot.

2: B) 0.6 - This one was straightforward, considering a and b were the only possible answers.

3: A) Uhh well it made more sense than the others.

4: C) Terms of trade was best in year 3 i think.

5: A) Increased inline with inflation so well had to be A.

6: B) Common sense.

7: A) Not a fucking clue. It's not C. It's not D. It could be A if Hidden unemployed begin seeking work. It could be B for the same reason it could be A. I think i put A. I don't know. I really don't. Fuck you economics.

8: D) - I though it was straightforward.

9: B) I put B because i'd never heard of the employment advocate, despite doing it in THREE SUBJECTS i didn't have a clue. I don't know what the answer is. D probably. Fuck.

10: D). Well, you had to increase interest rates to drop the inflation, but as for how i decided between D and C i don't know.

11: A) I either put A or C. Lower export volumes are obvious. You can argue a case for higher and lower unemployment either way.

12: B) I put B. The activity will pick up, and less investment will flow in, reducing demand for AUD.

13: D) Straightforward.

14: A) You've got to consider Terms of Trade doesn't consider the likely changes in export/import volume, only price. So i think it's A.

15: A) Obvious. CAD + KFAS = 0.

16: NOT A FUCKING CLUE. Even now i can't remember what i answered. So let's look at it eh?
A) There's less AD so probably not, that would raise consumption right?
B) Um. Help.
C) See A.
D) This one sounds right. Still dunno what i answeed.

17: B) Well, Foreign Liabilities equals - uh, ..Well for foreign liability to increase-. um. Equity debt- um. Well there was a reason. I can't remember.

18: A) Seemed straightforward. Which means it's probably wrong. I have the IQ of a grapefruit you see.

19: C) Would supply AUD and discourage investment here, lessening demand, leading to a depreciation.

20: C) Straightforward.

So what's that, 12/20? Ah well. Fucking HSC, i get to do it again next year.

Last edited:

kid2220

looks like i got 19... BUT I SSHOULD HAVE GOT 20!! QUESTION 2!! IM SOO ANGRY!! IM A DROP KICK!! lol..

t.

HSC
Question 17

Investment ABROAD means that net foreign equity is not a MINUS therefore its not contributing to the LIABILITIES. therefore, DEBT must be contributing to it!!!! That's why A would be right.

S

Shuter

Here is the absolute correct solutions:

1.d
2.B
3 a
4c
5a
6b
7b
8d
9d
10d
11c
12b
13d
14a
15a
16d
17b (but is up for debate could be a)
18a
19c
20c

Last edited by a moderator:

Rorix

HSC
t. said:
Investment ABROAD means that net foreign equity is not a MINUS therefore its not contributing to the LIABILITIES. therefore, DEBT must be contributing to it!!!! That's why A would be right.

actually the question says nothing about net foreign liabilities

just foreign liabilities

it's really simple. B IS RIGHT. You can't deny that. Unless A is irrefutably right, in which case there would be two best answers. But it's not.

Soulja

HSC
q 15

disco_dave said:
1) C, i didnt think IMF had any control over the forex market. but they did help developing countries with finanical problems and assistance

10) C (interest rates will increaser to tight ecomony and lower inflation... decrease in income tax rates [is that the percentage not the bracket??] which will encourage people to become employed, thus increase umemployment)

14) B, think this could have been which ever way you interpert it... i thought TOT will deteriorate becuase less exports will be sold and more imports bought, > worsening of TOT)

15) C for sure, two accounts = 0

17) A, net foreign is still increasing but at a slower rate. Although i can see B being right too.

thats my reasons...
q 15 is defiantly A. on the CA: 16 + 2= 18. on the KAFA 17+13 = 30
THE CAD = the surplus on the KAFA. therefore to get the CA to equal - 30. u must - 48 as the CA is currently in 18 surplus. defiantly A. If the question said what is the current account the the answer would be B, it asked what is net income. therefore to get CA = to KAFA u must subtract 48 as it is in 18bn positive right now. 18 - 48 = - 30. simple maths.

Last edited:

danny

[ c o r e a n ]
HSC
username said:
Rang up a teacher, he hadn't done the proper calculations but his answers were:

1. d
2.B
3 a
4c
5a
6b
7b
8d
9d
10d
11c
12b
13d
14a
15a
16d
17a
18a
19c
20c
agree with everythign i put 13) a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)