• Best of luck to the class of 2021 for their HSC exams. You can do it!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Moving Schools during the beginning of Term 2 Year 11 (1 Viewer)

SPP270717936]/02

HSC
Hi guys, I'm moving schools during he beginning of term 2 as I'm unhappy with my subjects and I've talked to my curriculum coordinator and I wasn't able to get my subjects. I moving away from a catholic school and going into either Greystanes high school or Arthur Phillip High school. I don't know which one to pick. As I want these subjects.

So could anyone please give me advice that would be appreicated. I also need a easy subject for my 12 unit in case I want to drop physics too.

Previous

Adv Math
Adv Eng
Biology
Economics
Business Studies
Studies of Religion 2

Now

Adv Math
Adv Eng
Biology
Economics
Physics
PHDPE/SDD/Investigating Science/ Modern History (Haven't decided on my 12th unit)

HSC
In regards, to your decision between the two schools, have you talked to both of those schools to determine if that subject combination is possible? That might be a deciding factor between the two schools.
But with your subject selection, I would go with whichever subject you like the most(Trust me, there is no point doing a subject that you hate) but there is no such thing as an "easy" subject.
The first thing you should do is to check they have the subjects in an order that satisfies what you want to do and then make a decision about which subject you think you will enjoy most(But dw, you should be able to change your subjects if you don't like them. Make sure to ask that you can change subjects)
Good luck!

throwaway2318

HSC
Well, an "easy subject" is subjective, and really depends on your strengths and weaknesses. In my opinion, Modern History is a lot of fun, however you need to keep up with the content/notes if you do them constantly, as it is easy to fall behind. SDD is okay, the major project is fun however some of the topics you learn are quite boring/outdated (you learn about social and ethical issues and holy crap I was so bored, but I'm learning about logic gates now and that's quite interesting). :)

SPP270717936]/02

HSC
The thing i'm most worried about is Physics. I have absolutely no knowledge of Physics and I'm behind a term and missed out on the topic of Kinematics. My Dad is very good at physics and can teach everything about it. But I'm uncertain whether I'll succeed or fail which worries me so much and he predicts that I will do physics in year 11 and then say "it's too hard, I want to drop it". I'm so worried about failing in Physics.

Last edited:
HSC
The thing i'm most worried about is Physics. I have absolutely no knowledge of Physics and I'm behind a term and missed out on the topic of Kinematics. My Dad is very good at physics and can teach everything about it. But I'm uncertain whether I'll succeed or fail which worries so much and he predicts that I will do physics in year 11 and then say "it's too hard, I want to drop it". I'm so worried about failing in Physics.
As long as you have the willingness to catch up and ask questions, it will be easily possible for anyone. I would try to catch up in the next holidays or any free time that you get. However, if you're only doing it because your dad is good at it, I'm not sure you will enjoy the subject too much which can make it hard for you to want to study the subject. I guess it is up to you and how much you want to do Physics or any other subject.

SPP270717936]/02

HSC
Well say if I put 2 hours a day of studying physics and understanding it on my own every week. This would to catch up on the topic of kinematics. I would use this time to learn the content and practice some questions using the textbook. Would this be effective for me? and this is because I have no prior knowledge of Physics. Would it be possible even if I'm a term behind and learning new content in dynamics?.

HSC
Well say if I put 2 hours a day of studying physics and understanding it on my own every week. This would to catch up on the topic of kinematics. I would use this time to learn the content and practice some questions using the textbook. Would this be effective for me? and this is because I have no prior knowledge of Physics. Would it be possible even if I'm a term behind and learning new content in dynamics?.
That would definetly be enough time to catch up within 3-4 weeks I would say, but don't forget to ask any questions to your teachers or even your dad. I'm sure that they will be willing to answer questions for you, especially if you have no prior knowledge. As long as you try to keep up with the dynamics content and learn kinematics at the same time, it should be possible. This will definitely require a lot of study time but I'm sure you can do it.
Good luck!

SPP270717936]/02

HSC
Thank you for the support and replying to my questions : ) . I'll definitely make sure to put in the effort and study as long as I can. I'm noticing you're emphasis on asking questions too which I'll make sure to do!.

sami90210

HSC
Wait this is great because I come from a private-ish all girls school and I want to move to greystanes high, what did you end up doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)