Moving into Year 12 Chemistry (1 Viewer)

zlum23

HSC
Just a couple of questions:
Does the Year 12 Chem content contain much of the content learnt in Year 11?
How does Chem change drastically regarding the difficulty and time required to study?
What strategy would you recommend for me to get ahead of the class?
Do you have any other advice before I start year 12 Chem?

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
Y12 chem you start getting more into the calculation stuff especially in modules 5 and 6. Module 7 and 8 will require practice and just being able to understand how everything works and getting every concept clear will be helpful. And do a lot of past paper questions after you finish each topic.
Overall, for me i found y12 chem to be more fun and easier (easier in general tho, some topics are quite hard but makes up a small proportion of the syllabus) than y11.

Last edited:

bruhwth

HSC
Just a couple of questions:
Does the Year 12 Chem content contain much of the content learnt in Year 11?
How does Chem change drastically regarding the difficulty and time required to study?
What strategy would you recommend for me to get ahead of the class?
Do you have any other advice before I start year 12 Chem?
1. Yes but not that much. Like there a bit about enthalpies and a tiny bit about entropy. Overall pretty new concepts dw.
2. It becomes harder (which should be expected), but its fun (as long as you find it interesting.). Study time defo increases but again that's with everything in year 12 so won't be difficult.
3. Learn as much as you can rn in the holidays by watching youtube videos (idk about you but textbooks are juts boring and there are tonnes of videos on the NSW syllubus). Getting ahead in chem is really good cause it does begin to get content-heavy in later modules so if you can smash out even a basic understanding of mod 5 and maybe mod 6 you're pretty much good. This would let you spend more time on mod 7 and 8 which a primary theory/written responses as opposed to numerical questions.
4. Enjoy the subject, and you will reap the benefits. I'm sure you know about eh scaling and all that but its pointless if you arent performing good, and i think the best way to perform good in a subject is to be invested and interested in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)