Module C - Telling The Truth (1 Viewer)

nic_rei

HSC
Originally posted by chip
it was an awesome question and i just kept writing all day managed to fit in 4 episodes and 4 related text and i enjoyed the it.....
How'd you do 4 epidsodes and 4 related in detail?
How many techniques did you do for each episode?
I only did two :s

Xena W.Priness

ah considering i did crap in this module in my trial, i reckon i went damn well. however this comparison is not very encouraging as i really effed up my trial, but whats with the sweet generalised questions for all modules, someone was in a good mood when they wrote them...

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
One rel tx i used was the one on Michael Jackson......
I ended it well then wrecked it in the last sentence by saying the cheese is the truth when there was no connection (it was some symbol is used at the start and tried referring back to it)....man i totally ruined the conclusion, oh well, such is life.

Flick

Oh man, I massively buggered this one well and proper, I left it 'til last coz even tho Frontline's supposed to be really easy, I just found I couldn't get into it at all.....ended up with about 5 mins for this question...got 1 & a 1/2 pages for it I think.....Arrrghhh!

Didn't get into detail at ALL, oh well, maybe the markers will give me something for the format and mention of a related material.....

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I reckon I did OK in this.. spent the most time on it because I was most comfortable with it.. prolly wasted alot of time thou.. 13 pages. Guess we'll see in December :D

Cumquott

FRONTLINE WAS STUPID...I agree with Flick...it was pretty hard to get into...I wrote stuff, but only because I did it first.

BUT.....the reality is that we will NEVER know what we got for each idividual question...and I'm pretty sure that we won't ever get our raw marks either....so we should all just forget about it.....get on with everything else...go on schoolies or whatever. Seriously though...by the time we get our results the HSC will be a very distant memory. No more english and no more frontline yipeeeeee!

Under-stated

Director General
HSC
Damn you Rob Sitch!

i misread the question. i thought it said "how do they represent the truth"
but it actually said "how do they represent telling the truth"
DAMN!
i ended up talking abt techniques Sitch and other composers use to convey their truth!!

RUINED!

bboy_insane

HSC
N/A
Under-stated i don't think you will have a problem.

I think the reason most people couldn't get into it was because all you needed was your memory for this one. It was so general and didn't require thought, just remember what your texts were, and techniques etc.

King Lear needed you to write an argument which is more interesting because you are trying to get your point across.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
every1 is saying the Q was easy and all...but ive never really answered a Q like this before: 'Truth is Not Simple'. I spent like 5mins jus trying to think how to answer the Q. i had my practice essay freely flowing through my head but i really didnt know how to answer the Q specifically...because my Frontline episodes ('The Siege and ASAS') and my related texts only showed how the truth was manipulated and exaggerated. nothing about how it was made simpler or something??? How did u guys answer it? and how many marks do u lose if u dont answer the Q well enough but all ur points are quite good?

Godly_Child

Telling the Truth....

Hmm....

ya'll know how it was an article..
how many specifically drew up columns????

HSC peepz really tough on format too... :eek:

Godly_Child

AK Gumbi the whole HSC is all about "answering" the question... i mean... irrelevant info is just like blab...

but the whole fact that truth is ambiguous may actually give your answer that lil bit more 'excitement' like ... i dunno your answer.. but just a hint for your future exams... if you don't get the question... always use the words within the question within your answer... because that shows you're attempting to answer the question.. but it may also give the impression or different perspective.. hence, your answer would STAND OUT....

the one reason why some people go bad is because they don't know how to answer the question and they just write an answer which they have previously written.. not making any reference to the question...
if thats what they wanted us to do.. one we wouldn't be stressed about doing our papers that we have no idea whats so ever about.. it terms of the questions... and everyone would go in there with prepared essays....
relax.. and just answer using the words within the quesiton.... and you're not alone.. alot of people don't understand the questions!!
Goodluck
Cheers

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
My supplementary texts were stupid.
An interview wich i had seen from Late Night With Conan O'Brien & The Paxton case from the newspaper.

It was an alright question, i got 5 pages out of it. However i think Frontline is a good show and im waiting for it to come out on DVD so i can purchase it and watch it over and over and over again.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I hate frontline (the series)!!

My supps were 'Homer Bad Man', 'Bowling for Columbine' and 'When Truth Goes to Water'

Apathetic

I left myself about 55 mins for Module C and still only got half way through my first related text. Very unimpressed.. oh well, it's over now, not much I can do about it... = (

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)