Module C: Representation and Text (1 Viewer)

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Well, it has become a trend to use personal pronouns, but the best way to get around that is to say "one" as in "one can be effected a, b or c"

RainbowBrite

HSC
miss random said:
The Frontline question was very badly written i had no idea what it was actually asking
+1

But then, I looked at the question and thought "Wtf?" coz I didn't really feel I had full grasp of the question. It was just pure shit.

celery

HSC
i thought the Antony and Cleopatra question was abit confusing, especially 'human experiences'....

but then it asked "did they PERSUADE you to EMBRACE these PERSPECTIVES" or some shit like that, and i was thinkg holy crap its gona be a WHOLE lot of bullshit from this point onwards.

I kinda said it had made me embrace some perspectives while rejecting others coz some werent ethical blahblah....oh man thinking bout it now....i feel like such a bullshitter...LOL

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i did frontline... and i cant even remember the question...
but i dont recall any major qualms with this section... apart from the fact that i only discussed one half, out of the "at least two" of the additonal texts. obviously that'll be a downfall in the marking. i didnt even get to finish the word i was writing. it was so bizzare cause i saw the clock said 9:27...so i thought ok, i'll just wrap this text up then conclude... not sooner do i not finish my golden point they annouce pens down. i had such a great lineto put in! dratz...ahhh well...
a toast...to english...being over...forever :p

smely

HSC
Ant and Cleo question = S H I T!... human experiences???... ur perception?? wtf???

zambian_dude

HSC
Well it seems not many people (actually none so far) actually did The Fiftieth Gate - History and Memory for this question... Interesting...
Actually I found this question was really really good...not that i can remember what it is anymore, but considering it had been my weakest area, I found that I could write a well thought out answer. But yeah... maybe it was just me...
Was the best question I found out of the paper for me. I was dissapointed with the question they asked for Ros and Guil in part 1 (and it WAS my best topic... Im pretty sure my answer was pretty dodgy, but from reading other responses maybe not...) oh well, nothing we can do about it now!

karumi

HSC
gyah! what human experience?! that's like something from my Studies of Religion exam! I can blab all about human experience in communion and synogogue worship but in Frontline? .... -__-;;;

gracerawl88

HSC
Guernica said:
Powerplay question SUCKED.. or at least I thought it did (for Antony and Cleopatra)
SAME! sucked so bad! im not the strongest at powerplay, but geeeez..
there goes my band 5 hopes..

my teacher thought it was a good paper...

ashh

HSC
i thought the frontline question was quite good. my essay adapted 2 it well i rekon. at least it was a hundred times better than ham/ragad n wuthering heights...shuld b an alrite mark, hopefully...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ashh said:
i thought the frontline question was quite good. my essay adapted 2 it well i rekon.
I agree, was pretty pleased with the 8 pages of what I thought to be decent quality that addressed the question sufficiently.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
I think some of the questions were badly written as well.

This was my favourite essay. The Ted Hughes one was my seciton.

Does anyone else do Ted Hughes?!!?
Yup, I did that.

I think that question was complete shit. I'm not sure if I really answered it as I had no idea on what it was asking.

arghhh!!!

stephabi

HSC
BAH! A pox on this question!
Significance of truth in human experiences?
Eh?
They may as well have said "importance to the... hey look, a pony!"

It would have had as much sense.

This verbose and convoluted wording did not make sense! How can there POSSIBLY be different perspectives on the significance of truth? Either it’s significant or it’s not. You can’t embrace both. The question also displayed a total disregard to the themes and issues studied. I can only think that what was being asked related more to the other texts which it came under.

I noted that I would have been able to accept and incorporate this so-called “quote” (more like random collection of words) had the question ended in;
"discuss in relation to blah blah blah".
But because it finished with
"were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?"
it cornered the student into focusing mainly on that component, which causeing an abandoning of the major issues.

Nice one Board Of Studies. Your poor wording has again been displayed in a public arena. Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that these people are writing the ENGLISH papers?

In fact I could go a step further by noting that because the board of studies is not
"organising, developing and expressing ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and form"
they have, in effect, failed English.

Ah! The hypocrisy!

Cabrello

HSC
karumi said:
gyah! what human experience?! that's like something from my Studies of Religion exam! I can blab all about human experience in communion and synogogue worship but in Frontline? .... -__-;;;

I asked my English teacher and she said for Frontline we were supposed to ignore the human experience part because it fit into the other truth texts perfectly. Alternatively she said the human experience applied strictly to commercial current affairs rather than the media as a whole, that added bit scared me a little.

stephabi said:
I noted that I would have been able to accept and incorporate this so-called “quote” (more like random collection of words) had the question ended in;
"discuss in relation to blah blah blah".
But because it finished with
"were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?"
it cornered the student into focusing mainly on that component, which causeing an abandoning of the major issues.
I wasted my reading time, not that it was really needed for this exam thinking about whether or not there was actually a question there. I have a different print of the paper for my special provisions and I had to ask the supervisor if I got the same paper as everyone else because I couldn't see any of the BOS key questions there.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
personally for me the module c power plays question was one of the tricky ones.... lol so i just decided, heck why not just discuss all my texts, and then say based on the perspectives of power represented, i have only ebraced some! LOL
i hope that goes down well for the markers...
hopefully i can get a mark of around 14 and up ><,,, power plays was by far my weakest response
grrr

**lana**

HSC
powerplay with antony and cleopatra sucked, i just scrapped the perspectives bit and wrote an essay on powerplay and the differnt forms it can take....hope it all pays off for me...eeeekkk

HSC
zambian_dude said:
Well it seems not many people (actually none so far) actually did The Fiftieth Gate - History and Memory for this question... Interesting...
Actually I found this question was really really good...not that i can remember what it is anymore, but considering it had been my weakest area, I found that I could write a well thought out answer. But yeah... maybe it was just me...
I did History and Memory too. It was my least prepared one, but turned out being the best essay I wrote out of the three in the exam. The question was easy to work with, and pretty much made sense.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
YBK said:
Yup, I did that.

I think that question was complete shit. I'm not sure if I really answered it as I had no idea on what it was asking.

arghhh!!!
your not the only one. lol

i didn't get any of the questions sooo i basically edited my prepared essays to adapt to the question. not sure if i did a great job though,, from my memory, it was really disjointed. ~_~

missmadeline

HSC
Powerplay Question stunk!

sanjay_88 said:
Personally, i loved this question:

Texts in this elective offer perspectives on the significance of power in human experiences.

Were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

All it wanted you to do was tell you why power is important to people. For example, power corrupts people and subordinates the individual. I talked about that for like 12 pages, then ran out of time. lol
omfg, :burn: i DID NOT get this in the exam - made no sense, to me or any of my friends, then i came home yesterday and read it again and again and it only just started making sense around 1am this morning... :confused: if only i'd known, how depressing, that question sucked balls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)