Module C: Representation and Text (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Post your thoughts and comments regarding Section III of the paper (Module C: Representation and Text, Questions 12-14)

Guernica

HSC
Powerplay question SUCKED.. or at least I thought it did (for Antony and Cleopatra)

HSC
Guernica said:
Powerplay question SUCKED.. or at least I thought it did (for Antony and Cleopatra)
i thought the same thing, actually..
i got a bit confused on how i was meant to answer the question.. we weren't taught anything about 'perspectives of significance of power in human experience' or taught to '"embrace" perspectives'.. so i was like wtf.. i ended up just writing everything i knew about how the play, and related texts, related to powerplay.. and my intro and conclusion was pretty much the only thing that related directly to the question..

Guernica

HSC
Yeah, when I showed the paper to my teacher after, he was like "what the hell?!" about the question. It sucked.

HSC
everyone in my class thought that the question was good cos it was kinda open ended and allowed for personal reflection.. i was like wtf when they were telling me that..
i dunno what my teacher thought of the question, but my mum thought it was stupid when i showed her haha..

Gorjesss

Million Dollar Baby
HSC
:bomb: Haha.. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU GUYS!
THE POWERPLAY QUESTION was poop.

I hate how they expect you to respond with the significance of power on human experiences or what ever, and then on top of that, make it personal by asking how our perspective has been embraced something about something else relating to that other thing... i was like, well what is it that you actually want me to repond in reagrds to?

The whole way through my essay i tried to incorporate all that crap but it was taking up heaps of space.. gay gay gay

elizabeth013

HSC
Horrible, horrible, horrible question for Telling the Truth.
This WAS my best module.
Couldn't finish essay.
Resulted to dot points in last 30 seconds, and a two sentence conclusion repeating the question.
Let us all cry together.

butch_dodd

HSC
FRONTLINE question was GREaaaT..hopefully will make up 4 da crap i rambled in the other 2 modules!!!..

Surviv0r

HSC
butch_dodd said:
FRONTLINE question was GREaaaT..hopefully will make up 4 da crap i rambled in the other 2 modules!!!..
mann i hated the frontline question it was hard to understand it altogether...so i just tacked the question at the end of the paragraph without explaining how...

grrr...my best was module b tho...really liked it...

Ioup

HSC
The powerplay question was weird.

What did you write about in it?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Frontline ROCKED, the most straightforward and easy to answer question!

gem010

HSC
Frontline ... WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

apparently the question fit the other core texts perfectly,
and for Frontline we were just supposed to kind of ... MAKE it fit

So annoying!!

I don't even know that i answered the question =(

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
Frontline was very straight forward and easy to answer :p

Surviv0r

HSC
gem010 said:
Frontline ... WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

apparently the question fit the other core texts perfectly,
and for Frontline we were just supposed to kind of ... MAKE it fit

So annoying!!

I don't even know that i answered the question =(
YYYEA...im with you...

Highly_Nrgetik

HSC
Powerplay Question (13):

Texts in this elective offer perspectives on the significance of power in human experiences.

Were you persuaded to embrace these perspectives?

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

The prescribed texts are:

• Shakespeare - William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra
  • Prose Fiction - George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
  • Drama - Hannie Rayson, Life After George
  • Media - John Hughes, After Mabo

Long story short... i talked a lot of shit.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i liked the frontline question. The bit about 'human experience' - i was a bit like wtf, so i sort of managed to get around it by saying that texts in the elective raised questions about the true significance of the values of truth to us as people, ie how much do we really care about truth in our experiences as people? something like that anyway. also, i loathe writing in first person for essays so even though i felt the wording of the question demanded it, i didnt. i referred objectively to "the responder" and "their" personal response etc. but overall, i liked it. it was sooo much easier than the cloudstreet question. and no matter what they ask you, honestly, frontline is not that hard. its quite easy to twist to fit what they ask.

rusty123

HSC
dagwoman said:
Frontline ROCKED, the most straightforward and easy to answer question!
yeah i pretty much agree. i had to lengthen my essay by probably another third, meaning i didnt have enough time for lear, in order to directly answer the question (basically i just said "and this convinced me of sitch et al's perspective that ..." in each sentence)

passion89

HSC
I didn't like the frontline question. It's always been my weakest, by far!

Though I don't think I totally failed it or anything but it definately was my worst today (as it was in the trials).

abcd9146

HSC
frontline question was easy (bnw/br was still better though)... like seriously, i actually really liked frontline so i actually payed attention in class... i guess that paid off :)

abcd9146

HSC
frontline question was easy (bnw/br was still better though)... like seriously, i actually really liked frontline so i actually payed attention in class... i guess that paid off :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)