Module B The tragedy of King Lear (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
How did you all find it?

No more KL woot!

edit: that was a pretty alright question
what did u guys talk about?
i talked about productions, themes and I put something on language coz the question said to.

Last edited:

still waiting

HSC
this was the question i liked the best as you could write everything you knew about it it was great i just kept writing and writing so much that i ended up running out of time for section three but oh well i did my best...
YAY NO MORE ENGLISH EVER.......

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
yeah, it wasnt bad... it wasnt as bad as the bloody other question we had to do... the one for Powerplay...
oh, im soooo glad we dont have to look at these texts EVER again if we dont want to!!!!!!!!!

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
yeah, you could just write on and on about it, so i did 12 pages which i'm happy with and the best part is, yay! no more advanced english!!! :)

penciltron

HSC
yeah i think a lot of people will do well in these exams all essays and all pretty generic
with king lear im kind of worried..

it said to defend with your critical response so i gave my personal interpretation then backed it up with other readings and productions to support it...saying that this makes it worthy of study since each can interpret their own view but now that i think about it i dunno if thats right?

my teacher was like yea u shouldve talked about all the different ways it can be viewed like family, psychological, etc...where as i did a few different views but linked them to my view...so im worried now!!! :(

how did u guys answer it? i dunno if i answered it the "right" way but it looked open so i have no idea

so confused!!

still waiting

HSC
i was lucky i didnt know any productions really really well so i was happy that it wasnt heaps specific, you could mention a production and its interpretation if you wanted to but you didnt have to thank god.....
i answered it by saying the reason that it could be continually studied was because of the unviersal themes and messages of the play, went on ot say what they were and how they were shown and how a different context could get the same thing out of it......along those lines anyways, there was heaps of ways to answer that so dont be worried about it....

Last edited:

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Yeah. It was a good question but i talked more about the productions rather than the construction, language and whatever the other thing was. I might have mentioned language twice.

I just did a big memory blurt. It wasn't really structured or related the the question, but hey?

Only wrote 2 pages after the middle crease of the booket (I didn't bother counting them all)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Construction, language and... yeah, something else.

I hope a whole bunch of kids went in there with all productions memorised and fail because they know nothing about the original text.

cataleptic

HSC
I thought it was a good question. Went to two booklets with it, and am satisfied with what I wrote... I think I nailed it. It's fucking over! yeah!

Now I'm feasting on cookies.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

I hope a whole bunch of kids went in there with all productions memorised and fail because they know nothing about the original text.
haha thats me.. i knew nothing of the original text.. i made it all up

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

Yeah, don't worry.. I'm one of the production memorisers.

I think i made up some bullshit about speaking in different registers and how Lear initially spoke structred and formally but it degenerated into babble.. Great, i only adressed the question in half a paragraph.

So gay. Why couldn't it be on representation and interpretation!!!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Because it's been on that like 3/4 of the previous years. I'm also a production memoriser, but I just took the quotes that I used to justify the various things the producers did, and expanded on them without actually making reference to the production.

ie. instead of <producer> makes <feminist reading>, I said <quote> allows a <feminist reading> to be made.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
You can use interpretations. You're supposed to use interpretations... That's what the whole module is about... Basically what I did is say that it's worthy of critical study because of the variety of ways it can be interpreted, different aspects of the language can be interpreted different ways...etc etc.

HSC
arghh i'm so scared that I've failed king lear! I talked about perceptions and how we can continue the critical study of KL due to the values within the text and ways to interpret it to make it more applicable to modern society...ahh f**k it! i failed! =(

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Because it's been on that like 3/4 of the previous years. I'm also a production memoriser, but I just took the quotes that I used to justify the various things the producers did, and expanded on them without actually making reference to the production.

ie. instead of <producer> makes <feminist reading>, I said <quote> allows a <feminist reading> to be made.
Haha, that's sufficiently sneaky! You'll get away with it marvellously.

I should of done that. Aww

HSC
i don't agree, every question on king lear you have to talk about interpretations. i used it to back up that the timeless aspects of king lear allow it to be interpreted in different ways and as a result it can still be used today as a critical study.
even if it isn't implicitly said you still have to mention productions as that is what the whole module is about.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I was happy with this question. To answer it I came up with a thesis that the universal themes and ambuigity of the texts lead to many different interpretations which in turn result in continually evolving productions of the text. Therefore the text has relevance to society today and textual integrity leading it to be worhty of critical study.
Wow, that's really long... *thinks* I spoke about the language techniques like imagery, symbolism and stuff,and also interpretations and productions. I only discussed 2 themes but,how many did everyone else do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)