Module B: Speeches Discussion (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking over my super essay, it could have easily worked with this question, because its not based on themes. So I wouldn't simply get stumped by the theme of national unity, which I could easily integrate into my thesis and the associating paradigms.

iStudent

HSC
The marker comments for speeches this year should be interesting :)
something along the lines of "a surprising number of candidates demonstrated that they did not study their prescribed speeches in depth" lol

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
lel

coz deane is the speech with so much depth (not srs)

TOWSHE

HSC
Guys please tell me we didn't need to use the extract? I had prepared for Deane (I had like 4 techniques and quotes) and the question said to use a detailed reference to Deane's speech ... so did I have to include things from the extract? Thanks!

P.S: How are people saying they did 5-7 pages :O I only did 3, 3, 4 :/

is like 8-10 techniques and quotes enough for module A and B each? Ty

Chris100

HSC
No but it would have been nice to include at least one quote from it
Honestly I think they just learnt from the bandler specification that if you don't give them an extract, students actually cannot write a response to the specified speech if they didn't prepare for it (since they don't remember any of it)

Chris100

HSC
I think it was also an indication of whether you studied the prescribed speech or not, so if a student used only the quotes and techniques in the extract ( which weren't even the best ones and there weren't many when I glanced at it) they would know that the student didn't prepare for it. But obviously from just using the extract you can still write a good Deane paragraph and they would probs recognise a good one when they see one even if it does use techniques only from the extract

IR

HSC
So how much reference did you actually need to the extract? So for something where they don't ask you to refer to extract for eg. Gwenn Harwood? Or ar such.

phcan

HSC
OMG that deane speech was totally unexpected, everyone i knew was betting on Sadat and the Keating speech to be prescribed if they did prescribe a text. Did everyone that didn't study or prepare Deane just analysed the extract there even though there was very little to work with?

Kashiro

HSC
I actually couldn't be arsed memorising 3 essays so I just ended up gambling that it would be either Deane or Keating that would be specified and did that as my essay. Best gamble I ever made :D

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
gg please don't bump this thread. It's so depressing :(((((((((((((((((

iStudent

HSC
I actually couldn't be arsed memorising 3 essays so I just ended up gambling that it would be either Deane or Keating that would be specified and did that as my essay. Best gamble I ever made :D
You lucky lucky person :D
Good job!

IR

HSC
Please I want luck... I am devoid of luck.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
what do you mean? I don't understand what you are saying

:lol:

;D
I was dreading Deane's speech and was hoping that they would not specify it (I shouldn't have trusted my luck)... and nekk minnit

I had 5 quotes :(((((((((((((

gg band 6

mreditor16

HSC
I was dreading Deane's speech and was hoping that they would not specify it (I shouldn't have trusted my luck)... and nekk minnit

I had 5 quotes :(((((((((((((

gg band 6
lol I was joking. I heard.

I was bumping just to annoy you :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
dw Enigma, mreditor is just cruel.

hehehe I managed to bump. More seriously though, it was an unexpected question and I bet speeches will align tremendously this year. Don't worry about it now, just focus on your other exams :)
LOL, Thanks HPF! :)

I'm really relying on the aligning hahah. Good luck in your other exams, make sure you rest and take it easy! :D

IR

HSC
dw Enigma, mreditor is just cruel.

hehehe I managed to bump. More seriously though, it was an unexpected question and I bet speeches will align tremendously this year. Don't worry about it now, just focus on your other exams :)
And there is the aftermath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)