Module B - King Lear (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
How did you find it?

Did the question allow you to discuss your readings/productions adequately?

bjMaxx

This question was awesome!!
I expected to completely screw this up. VERY HAPPY.

Katey

HSC
I was so worried about King Lear... but the question turned out great! I'm so glad they didn't ask us to write a whole essay on one theme like Filial ingrattude or something like that.

Chelle

Yeah i was crying last night when i heard that the 2001 exam specified a theme. I was up so late learning all the themes in specific detail lol. I didnt think the question allowed for us to discuss readings, we could add them in as part of the Productions but i think in general the readings weren't the focus, - so now im regretting my answer looking at the last two reponses to this question lol.

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
Such a relief they didn't specify anything...... it was again a very general question and my prepared notes got put into use =p

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It would have been ok if I had had enough time to actually give a decent response. Mine was all over the place

chip

HSC
yeh it was a great questions allowed you to talk about many things

but my teacher said it was probably the hardest because of the part of the question that mentioned language and form.....

did everyone talk about all of the question?

jili

i thought the question was great, I spoke about 2 productions and all the different interpretations as well as shakespeare language.... I was expecting something really hard. I hate Lear!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah it was general and good, i basically wrote my memorised essay, 3 interpretations

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
the question was GREAT, i am happiest with this part of the exam BY FAR. it really allowed you to put in your own opinions and everything, it was great. i feel like i did well in this section.

Jacks

HSC
Definitely my best response out of the three...I think I did well. Loved the question, was sooo happy with it that I wrote this response first...I was so worried that Lear would stump me but the question was along the lines I was hoping for. Excellent.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
OHH!!!!!!!!!!! beautiful question... and it didnt specify that you had to talk about readings which was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayayayay i just wrote my memorised essay and top and tailed it to suit the question and just chucked in doesnt "have a used by date" here and there to be safe

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I made sure I spoke about language and form, because it was specified in the question and if you don't theres no way you can even be considered for the higher marks. I left this one till last (as I usually do with King Lear), disagreed with the statement and then talked about context and shit. Then discussed 4 interpretations (ran out of time on the last one, jumped when he said pens down!) only got to start a conlclusion....

s2ophie

HSC
It was a GREAT question - i takled about reading, critics, language, redemption, modern day relevence - all studd i had written before! I felt so confident writing it! Oh and i had hated Lear so much!!!

Leap

free falling
HSC
Yeah I really liked it too. I'm worried I didn't talk about 'ideas' and 'form' enough, but hopefully the rest of my answer was ok :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
did u guys write it as an essay or as a debate/speech type thing?? i guess it was kinda open ended

i wrote about 3 interpretations and 4 productions...
hope i got enough in there on language stuff (can anyone give examples of the language/form stuff?)

kouri

well w t f
HSC
i have to say i'm pretty happy about the question.
seeing i thought i was going to screw it up..

cuz........ HAHA this is my first proper lear essay .
wow.
so i probably still screwed it up....... yeh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)