Module B Hate Thread (1 Viewer)

Glorious

HSC
I talked about how the final scenes exemplify the struggle of individuals against a repressive society. I talked about how Hamlet's struggle between classical and christian methods of acting showed how social constructions like religion prevent individual desire and actualisation, then linked it to the end/gravedigger scene. I talked about how women were repressed by similar social constructions, again linking it to ophelia's death in the gravedigger scene, while also talking about the strength of family in supporting individuality, linking it to fortinbras' good connection with his uncle/father, and laertes (sp) connection with his.

It was a fairly open ended question tbh.
Yeah, I agree. It was. :)

Wiz Apprec Soc

HSC
HAHA this is why I dislike this is website, so many critical people.

"Isn't this a "Hamlet Hate Thread"? Just saying... because no one really cares"
Haha thanks for that :) I'll make sure to not put my opinion on a forum about all about Module 2 - which evidently was the most challenging module in the second paper thus alot of people would have an opinion about it, including myself. This website is meant to be helpful and for discussion, "just saying".
Loud and clear BUDDY

hotmess

HSC
The question for In the Skin of a Lion was pretty much exactly the same as the one I had for trials, which I got 18/20 in!
So lucky LOL
you lucky bitch!! it was sooo different to anything we did ever, whole class made it up! didnt really suit my reading very well either...

pippax

HSC
so damn annoying for gwen harwood! so much bullshitting...i just wrote like 'i can relate' and tried to personalise but they'll probably think i'm a total idiot :/ otherwise i would've known exactly what i was talking about if it was a normal question! :mad:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I may have shot myself in the foot with this one, but i said that the excerpt thay gave for Hamlet was completely unrelated to my personal interpretation and said 'to no extent' did it resonate with my response to the play as a whole. Hamlet is mainly about themes like revenge, morality, madness, etc. and Fortinbras said NOTHING to do with any of it!!
Ummm.....the question didn't solely concern the Fortinbras extract, but the closing scenes.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
For a split second in the exam I forgot who Fortinbras was.
All I could think of was 'I fought in your bras'. (I tend to make up jokes in very stressful moments in my life)
OMG I had like Ophelia's fidelity all prepared with critics and shiz but this question was so specific =[
Had to talk about Order and Chaos, which I have absolutely nothing on, and mortality..

Frankenrunner was alright.

And I regret not studying enough for the last module. It was a good question but I didn't have enough knowledge about it...

In conclusion, modules raped me.

Begone english.

elle_b22

HSC
I just love that out of 7 Yeat's poems, the BOS decided to single out the one that we did not cover in class, therefore the only one i don't have detailed notes on, and the stanza they chose makes no bloody sense! I read that question in the reading time and almost cried, worst question ever.. Most of the teachers told their students to focus on about 3 or 4 poems that incorporate different themes of Yeat's poetry, so if you didn't focus heavily on Among School Children, you were absolutely farrrked. Thanks board of studies.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
For a split second in the exam I forgot who Fortinbras was.
All I could think of was 'I fought in your bras'. (I tend to make up jokes in very stressful moments in my life)
OMG I had like Ophelia's fidelity all prepared with critics and shiz but this question was so specific =[
Had to talk about Order and Chaos, which I have absolutely nothing on, and mortality..

Frankenrunner was alright.

And I regret not studying enough for the last module. It was a good question but I didn't have enough knowledge about it...

In conclusion, modules raped me.

Begone english.
rofl

lilcherub

HSC
I did Hamlet and semi freaked out when I saw the question as did my friends. Unlike other people I didn't write about obvious themes so much, with the exception of deception which I wrote a page on. I wrote about how the last scene demonstrated that Hamlet was not mad and indeed a noble hero of Denmark, his death was a tragic loss. Also, how the last scenes added more dimensions to characters e.g. Laertes as Shakespeare believes he is important enough to be redeemed and forgiven by Hamlet. With this I wrote about Horatio as well cementing his importance by Shakespeare keeping him alive to make sure the justice served is known to the public. The only annoying part was I wished I had more quotes from the end on deception but I used what I knew and made it work :)

zhuang281

HSC
Lol mod B was great. Someone found the 2002 HSC paper where they specified a text, so our whole grade prepared for every Orwell essay, just in case.

themanman

HSC
N/A
Lol mod B was great. Someone found the 2002 HSC paper where they specified a text, so our whole grade prepared for every Orwell essay, just in case.
lies

orwell was only offered in 2008

good job though :)

dannielle_93

HSC
Re: Module B - too specific?

I'm not too happy with my response for Hamlet, I thought I answered the question directly but I only used like 2 quote technique paragraphs before getting into some really abstract stuff about Hamlet's source of mourning and how his motivations become clearer based on his actions in the final scenes. 3 pages in around 30 minutes :mad:

Sounds excatly as me! It was horrible!

K

kindersurprise

you lucky bitch!! it was sooo different to anything we did ever, whole class made it up! didnt really suit my reading very well either...
I don't neccesarily think that analysing an extract that doesn't suit your reading is disadvantageous in a response that is supposed to highlight your opinions on the texts. The question was a 'to what extent' question. It gave you the freedom to say that it challenged your understanding of the text if you felt it did, and I think in doing so you could provide a more holistic insight than the person who is going to be in your situation, freak out, and then change their entire thesis based on 10 lines. I'm not saying that you should regurgitate a prepared response, what I'm saying is that in Module B, what you think is more important than what you think they want you to write.

HSC
Re: Module B - too specific?

fk, i don't think i answered my hamlet as well as i thought i did

because it said to what extent does this influence your judgement, what i did was just say the the last scene was basically depictings Hamlet as a noble charachter, thus implying his lack of a tragic flaw.....and then i said it suppourts my judgement... and then from there i put in a Psuedo-Procrastinator thesis, ranted about all the external obstacles causing him to procrastinate which lead him to his intelectuall thinking, and so external obstacles=themes, intelectual thinking=shakespeare's contextual stuff about humanism vs. chirstianity and the main questioning of existianlism resulting from this....what do people think I'll get if i used lets/good quotes techniques, well structured....has it answerd the question, because logic flow::: noble hamlet means no tragic flaw, thus if he didn't procrastionate and didn't really act mad....he didn't have a tragic flaw, ergo noble hamlet.

thanks guys

zhuang281

HSC
lies

orwell was only offered in 2008

good job though :)
True it did start in only 2008, but someone found a precedent for a different but similar module (Ie 6-7 core texts where they specified which one you had to refer to)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Question, did the entire grade do Orwell? Or half do Speeches? I know in my grade, only some classes did Orwell (like two, Tromp's and Wright's), whereas everyone else did Speeches. But yeah, getting people to learn every single speech (or indeed, every single Orwell essay) - definitely sounds like something Barr or Trompetter would say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)