Module B: Critical Study of Texts (Merged) (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

Module B: Critical Study of Texts

So how did you go? What did you think of the exam?

kiteblood

HSC
Two words: 'THREE poems'. I did not learn three poems.

edit.
Can I at least say I dislike Gwen Harwood?
lol @ censorship

P.S In retrospect my original remark seems timid compared to some of the stuff in this thread.

Last edited:

flying_dragon

HSC
Fuck, people, the three poems thing screwed me over...at least none of them asked for a specific text type...

*goes off to BURN everything english related...

chook_223

HSC
poetry was pretty good. 3 poems were a bit much id rather 2 and one specific, but they did something different!!! the whole paper was heaps good!!

no more english ever!!

renya

HSC
The 3 poem thing put me off too

I left it till last, ran out of time and didn't write half the things i actually knew down

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
The three poems thing was pretty dodgy...... tried to remember bits from at Morinington, think i did ok in the end though.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
In one word:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

This question fucked me over so hardcore! I did module C first cos it was easy and so I'm not too worried about that, but the 3 poems for Yeats things has single-handedly fucked up my HSC result for English. I am so unbelievably pissed off and angry and frustrated and upset. I even cried a little bit after the exam.

I was semi-prepared to do one if they asked for it specifically. But all my preparation was based around doing the two poems in depth. I could have handled that, albeit not with much grace and with probably the loss of a couple of marks. But this way, I was rushed the whole time, I was upset about being rushed and the fact that one of my poems was, really, pure BS and because I kept stopping to think about what I was writing for the forced extra poem, I lost time. Which then meant I didn't have time to go into my really sophisticated, well thought out and analytical stuff which probably would've guaranteed me full marks. Not to mention that I was so busy trying to remember quotes and techniques for Easter 1916 (my extra poem) that I forgot half of my critical quotes and ideas anyway.

In the end I went 10 minutes overtime, leaving me a grand total of 30 minutes to write my Brave New World/Blade Runner essay, the whole time consisting of me panicking and being really upset about how I'd fucked up my best module. So my Module A response was shithouse, rushed and probably will wind up as a fucking band 4 or something.

I am so unbelievably angry at the board of studies. My teacher said, 'well, everyone's in the same position'. But that's the thing. They're NOT. Only the people who do poetry, speeches etc are. The people who did Lear and the like got no fucking surprises, only what was, on the whole, an easy question.

HSC
Yeah well my Harwood prepared response was perefectly timed and happened to fit the question pretty well but then the 10 minutes I spent writing ridiculously general comments on my third, unprepared poem was 10 minutes I lost for module A which meant I rushed it and didnt answer the question as precisely as I wanted to. So yeah, I'd say that extar poem probably cost me 5-6 marks across the whole paper, I was aiming for all A range but now I'll get low B range marks

Valeroso

HSC
Left Wuthering Heights to the last 30 mins - filled up the whole booklet but I reckon I could have said more, but since we only had about 4 minutes left, I quickly wrote a one page conclusion and finished 20 seconds before they told us to put our pens down. Pretty good considering I didn't know what the hell Wuthering Heights was about before - and hey, had we had maybe 10 more minutes, I could have gone onto my second booklet! But no problem now. No more Wuthering Heights! Yay!

...Ah shit, Legal Studies tommorow..

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I didn't study for Wuthering Heights at all and managed to bullshit [without storytelling] up to 6 pages.

moral of the story: never underestimate the power of bullshit

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Yeah well my Harwood prepared response was perefectly timed and happened to fit the question pretty well but then the 10 minutes I spent writing ridiculously general comments on my third, unprepared poem was 10 minutes I lost for module A which meant I rushed it and didnt answer the question as precisely as I wanted to. So yeah, I'd say that extar poem probably cost me 5-6 marks across the whole paper, I was aiming for all A range but now I'll get low B range marks

I hear ya brotha.

Sorry if I'm going on and on... this is my second time doing the course (I did it accel. last year) and if I wind up doing worse because of that fucking extra poem I swear to all that is holy I will take a shotgun to the head(s) of whatever fucking genius decided "hey! I know! let's fuck with some HSC students in their time of stress!"

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Yeah, I'd only prepared for two as well, but I'm doing speeches. I practically just said that Keating used all the same stuff as Lincoln but I practically just did an essay using 2: Havel and Lincoln. It was a pretty good question for speeches though.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I was hoping for a more specific question. I was NOT prepared for 3 speeches so my Socrates section is a load of shit without any quotes. I wanted to do them in chronological order for some reason (I DON'T know), which means my Levertov analysis was written last and was thus rushed because I spent far too much time on Module A, even though it's what I knew best. Why did we have to get 3 speeches, it's never been 3 before.

And wtf was up with the text type, it threw me off on how to respond. I was hoping for something more specific, i.e. conversation/magazine article.

tabularasa

HSC
i did king lear and there was no mention of productions or anything and i was lie :eek: the whole thing is about the texts interpretation and stuff our teacher was like oh u don;t need to know alot aboutt he text just different interpretations so hopely i sorta answered the question in a good way.

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
What did everyone do for Module B Text Type?!

It was pretty vague, was I the only one who wrote a conversation dialogue? What did everyone else do?

rissa_101

I didnt get conversation dialogue outta that question at all...i did an essay kind of thing....so did everyone else in my year for Module B?? all 3 were basically essays wernt they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)