Module B: Close Study of Text (1 Viewer)

chidori69

yeah! im perverted!
HSC
i did owens poems.. um anthem for doomed youth, the next war and the send off... anyway it was different.. the ONE thing spun me out aswel.. i found it weird...cos usualy they ask for 2... alwel

johnny_87

HSC
Yeah I wrote an in-depth analysis of 'Dulce'.

I must have used about 25 examples regarding imagery, tone, etc. I remembered basically everything I highlighted from that poem.

freaked

HSC
I did Briar Rose and was all keen because I like the book so I thought I was set but then the 'key episode' really stumped me.
If I get a marker that knows nothing about or hasn't read Briar Rose in a while I'll be fine because it all sounded good but when I got out of the exam I realised that I merged 2 people into one. OOops

Arin

Piss Easy!!!!!

Dude this was the easiest test ive ever done. I got 13 pages in and that is all in 40 minutes. Man cant wait till the results get back

gangstaq

HSC
Yeah this paper was stupid, they made it way to easy. Only talking about one poem was pretty dumb

DNOMYAR

Whoohoo i also analysed "the last laugh" i realised that not alot of students study this poem so i thought i could use this to my advantage... pity it only asked for 1 poem though
i wrote it in the form as a research article or waateva it asked for...i didint noe what features i needed to include so i jst wrote it like an essay....

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
I did briar rose for section 2. The 'key episode' part threw me a bit, but after i thought of the book as if it were a tv show, it worked.
i look at josephs story as one episode, gamma's story as another episode on the next night and beccas journey to poland on the next night ans so on. lol, tv helps me even in the HSC ^^

I only wrote 5 pages, but i think i went alright as i didnt repeat myself too much and it didnt contain any useless info.

I talked about yolans 'ideas' as if i were talking about the themes of the story nad the 'characteristics' as though i was tlaking about the language techniques, like metaphors nad stuff. and i wrote it as a speech.

Is this how everyone else looked at it?
The 'key episode' part really threw me off. At the time I didn't realise that key episode could really be any aspect of the novel rather than a specific moment but I chose Gemma being rescued from the pit and incorporated themes of love and courage and relating it to Becca's journey. Im not confident about my response though, tough question for this text I think especially when were under exam pressure and dont have much planning time.

HSC
gangstaq said:
Yeah this paper was stupid, they made it way to easy. Only talking about one poem was pretty dumb
i thought we already established it was more than 1 poem :( ie. all 6

Pace_T

HSC
for the shoehorn question i wrote about multiple scenes to back up my main one but at the expense of the detail in the main scene that i was supposed to talk bout. i drew parallels from the main scene and discussed it in other scenes where it is also demonstrated
am i screwed?
ta

pottsy1000

Crap!!!

i studied deb westbury poetry. it was so crap we had to learn 7 poems just in case and we only got tested on 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so cut cos i had learnt ev eything i needed to no about all the poems aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow_dog

HSC
hated this question!
i did shoe horn sonata.. was pretty lame i knew exactly what i wanted to write and i knew key quotes form one scene as it was kidna liek in our trial how we ahd to write it on the final scene..
anyway i enede up stuffing it up i got quotes and techni9ques and all the only thing i didnt look at was the SCENE NUMBER!! and i didnt write what scene it actually was ... how stupid!
gotta hate english! gald this torment is over

pinkballerina18

HSC
Briar Rose

Who did the Briar Rose question? Did they want a scene from the novel or an essay on a theme? Coz I wrote about the part just before Gemma dies and she says "That castle is yours you must find it etc." Then I just linked the rest of my essay with that moment and said something about the fairytale theme and so on. Did it catch anyone off guard? Coz when I saw the question I was like "Oh, oh." I think the question was used to see who was very familiar with the book...Anyway...It's over. I think I should get over it!

burlz

Necros87 said:
i screwed this section, i wrote 1/3 of a page, btw i did owen, that sucked
Owen sucked i only wrote like 1 page and it wasnt that well written....SHIT!!!

Krisdan

HSC
timbk2 said:
So how did you go? what were your thoughts on the exam?
"Sefton High - Class of 01"

:wave:
Do you remember a 'Trix'? ("Sefton High - Class of 00")

She's my big-sister.

I heared the school's full changed, Mrs Cumes is the Paul Pot of Sefton High.

marisa06

HSC
Briar Rose was enjoyable to read hopefully my essay was good.

Freshjiver

HSC
I did Owen and wrote analysed Dulce to the finest detail. I referred to his other poems but didn't really link them.

Then again, the question was pretty dicey. It was rather vague in its intent, so surely I'll do well!
dude it said refer to TWO in detail so if you did more than two i don't think the rest will get marked..?
in thinking that basically the whole state would do anthem & dulce i did disabled & anthem, question didn't fit thaaaat well but i fuckin made it fit! wrote 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)