Module B - Close Study of Text (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

Um did anybody write this one as a letter. It appears I've been rather creative with my text types in this paper. I wrote as a letter to the people creating a list trying to argue that they should include Owens poetry in the Top Poetry list. I think that's okay though and most people have said a letter or an essay would be fine provided you argued for the inclusion of your text in the list. I mean they never specified the text.

Gemma

kylie_robbo

They did specify the text. They didn't however state the form. So yes, you could have done a letter...

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
jam3s said:
hey who did shoe horn sonata? what did u talk about in ur essay???
I wrote about how misto wrote the play to because he didnt have the power to build a memorial and that the play talks about the issues that were brought up in the play... eg Heroism, telling truth about what happened, endurance, courage, power relationships, imact of war on the individual and concept of reconciliation.
I chose 3 techniques that placed emphasis on these eg Symbolism Characterisation and Projected images.

ZabZu

HSC
i wrote mainly about the themes in the play and I briefly talked about the dramatic techniqes

tamaritha

HSC
Module B was CHEAP.

It was the CHEAPEST thing I'd ever seen on the HSC.

Not only was the question generic, it was a question that could not be fitted into the text we did : Michael Ondaatje's In the Skin of a Lion.

Due to the elliptical nature of the narrative, and the constant references to past and future events within the narrative itself, there is no coherence within a chronological storyline - hence no segments from which one could suitably choose "extracts" from.

Whatever did they want the extracts from anyway? the Epilogue, which is just a bunch of quotes, and the Waterworks scene? they're the only ones where it does not refer to itself in some kind of subliminal way - wait yes it does.
There was no way you could talk about two extracts.

I didn't answer the question. I simply went on with characterisation, and supported them with those extracts they wanted so much.
I know I'll lose marks, but what the hell.

hipnotize

Module B; We All Fall Down by R. Cormier
i thought was going to be a killer because they could ask us anything about the text.
But i ended up writing the full booklet lol... so much to write about. So yeah pretty easy question just argue the novel is a good text which demonstrates stuff that relate to society.

Gemstone

KylieR said:
They did specify the text. They didn't however state the form. So yes, you could have done a letter...
Oh yes that's what I meant. Okay so long as a letter is alright for this one as otherwise I think I've stuffed english up.

Gemma

rumour

HSC
I didn't know what to write about Owen!!!!

I don't even like his poetry & his style is very similar to that of Sassoon!!!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i wrote 8 pages on briar rose. It was a pretty easy question i suppose, but i shouldn't be saying that too loudly since everytime i think i do well, i end up getting horrible results

star_mountain

HSC
i did mine kind of like a letter too, because they asked you to argue for the film witness to be included in the best films list, so what is the point of writing an essay, to nobody, how is that going to achieve this film being put in the list, that is why i wrote, to whom it may concren, all the good things you learn about the film, themes, techniques used to convey meaning, etc.........., hope it worked out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)