Module B - After The Bomb (1 Viewer)

Finx

HSC
Anyone else do this? I personally thought both questions were quite open and easy to work around.

Thoughts?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Question 7 - Elective 1: After the Bomb (25 marks)

Write an essay in which you explore the interplay of the personal and the political in After the Bomb.

In your response, refer to TWO prescribed texts AND texts of your own choosing.

Question 8 - Elective 1: After the Bomb (25 marks)

There was a conspiracy, no several conspiracies. Someone had contrived a joke about murder and played it on him. The train roared on with five hundred commuters who rode, swaying like a team of drunken intellectuals behind their masking books and papers, while the old man, as if pursued by demons, fled off away from car to car.

Use all or part of the provided text in a piece of imaginative writing that reflects your understanding of anxiety in After the Bomb.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
I thought they were pretty straightforward. Loved it.

tess_gee

HSC
What did everyone talk about? I found it hard to choose an area/areas to focus on seeming there is just so much...

lizajane91

HSC
focused on the duality of the political and personal in the texts and also the impacts the political decisions had on the personal..
i used plath (daddy) and Hiroshima...what set texts did everyone use?

qaz0981

HSC
focused on the duality of the political and personal in the texts and also the impacts the political decisions had on the personal..
so did i, but i used catch-22 and the spy :)
the creative was good, i just took it in parts, ignored that it mentioned a train, but i think it worked pretty well

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
so did i, but i used catch-22 and the spy :)
u also do the spy !
i can't seem to understand the text and theres nothing available online, would you be able to assist me with some Q's on the spy ?

cvet

HSC
u also do the spy !
i can't seem to understand the text and theres nothing available online, would you be able to assist me with some Q's on the spy ?
listen...you do not have to do spy; and personally, i could not be fuked reading it.. it also isn't a great text to use for this topic unless ur really into espionage.

i would recommend however, using waiting for godot as it is..
1) a lot of information on it
2) easy to get good marks due to common sense
3) everyone that does it takes a different approach
4) it opens up the whole philosophy of existentialism which is a spot on anxiety 'after the bomb'
5) because i said so..;)

u also could use plath as her poems are good to analyse and you can relate it easily to the topic..

but i really do not suggest that you waste time with reading 'the spy'

Anywayz..good luck to you with whatever you do! you will do well, especially is you are thinking about it this early in the year! :)

qaz0981

HSC
u also do the spy !
sure :) just pm me sometime
i think i'm one of the few who liked the spy... it was a really good book, bleak, but interesting. i enjoyed it haha
we did godot, catch and spy... godot just annoyed me, i wasn't a fan
i read hiroshima for an assignment, it was actually good, i would've liked to do it

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
listen...you do not have to do spy; and personally, i could not be fuked reading it.. it also isn't a great text to use for this topic unless ur really into espionage.

i would recommend however, using waiting for godot as it is..
1) a lot of information on it
2) easy to get good marks due to common sense
3) everyone that does it takes a different approach
4) it opens up the whole philosophy of existentialism which is a spot on anxiety 'after the bomb'
5) because i said so..;)

u also could use plath as her poems are good to analyse and you can relate it easily to the topic..

but i really do not suggest that you waste time with reading 'the spy'

Anywayz..good luck to you with whatever you do! you will do well, especially is you are thinking about it this early in the year! :)
heyy thanks for the advice, appreciate it :)
i like espionage so il prolly read it, but ive heard its a bore
the philosophy of existentialism would be interesting

culprit

HSC
The first question was very broad. Concerned at how generous the markers will be after the difficulty of the exam is questioned. The creative question though was absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed writing my response. Overall it was an enjoyable exam and I'm confident in my performance.

edit: forgot to add I use Catch-22 and Waiting for Godot as my prescribed texts, A Clockwork Orange, When the Music's Over - The Doors, J.F.K/Churchill speeches and Graveyard of The Fireflies as related.

Last edited:

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I was really happy. The stimulus fit my story perfectly (the corruption bit), and the essay was very close to the one from the CSSA trials. I ended up using Catch-22, particularly Milo and Capitalism, and Plath.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
hey guys, were doing after the bomb at my school and i was just wondering if you had any advice on what to choose as related material?
were doing godot and hiroshima as our main texts
so far ive thought of on the beach, fail safe and the spy who came in from the cold- but i havent really decided yet
any thoughts?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
hey guys, were doing after the bomb at my school and i was just wondering if you had any advice on what to choose as related material?
were doing godot and hiroshima as our main texts
so far ive thought of on the beach, fail safe and the spy who came in from the cold- but i havent really decided yet
any thoughts?
The Spy Who Came In From the Cold is a prescribed text.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
haha yeah i actually realised that when i looked at the list after i posted that up haha
but still, any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)