Module A - Transformations (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
How was this question? Easy and broad? or surprisingly challenging?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
very general question- i regurgitated my pre-memorised essay:p

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
Agree, the question was very general, nothing unexpected =p
But how on earth do you write 2 full booklets??? you'll have to have pretty big writing...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
maybe she's a trained speed writer :)

i left it till last, only had 1/2 hr left... bad timing... so i only got 5 pages down, and its all crap. dang

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
It was a very broad question and I was suprinsgly happy with what I wrote...

managed to do 2 4/3 typed pages.... :D

hellohello

haha i think ppl misread the qns

it was complicated. as it required u not to look at the values of the text and then the context.

rather it was how the context enabled u to understand what stoppard and shakespeare was trying to do..

the whole focus was on the context and how this devloped ur understanding. not how the text showed the context!!! slightly different

woops!!!!! :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I didn't mind it, especially because this was the question I was panicking about. I wasn't thrilled with the result, but it could have been worse.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah i chucked a lot of literary theory in it..intrinsic reading versus extrinsic and how the Levesite's theory supported the signifer and not hte signified....then tlaked abt 19th centhruy beougeois paradigmatic values....and 21st century postmodern world view.... it was okay...dunt think i would fail for that....

and yeah i write super fast.. haahah half of the magic is in the pen..must have a good pen... :p

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by hellohello

the whole focus was on the context and how this devloped ur understanding. not how the text showed the context!!! slightly different

Yep... I said how Hamlet had an Elizabeathean perspective blah blah and RAGAD has a post-modernist perspective... These ultimately bring different interpreations of the theme and the style, strucutre and tone was different.

N

ND

it was complicated. as it required u not to look at the values of the text and then the context.

rather it was how the context enabled u to understand what stoppard and shakespeare was trying to do..

Yeh but that's just the converse; by showing one you're demonstrating the other. That's how i understood it anyway. Oh well. english is over! can't wait till monday...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

yeah i don't think that's hard, i took my prememorised essay and swapped the order atound, instead of values --> context, i went context--> valued, i hope it came through clearly though

Bandit

I think it was the best question of the paper. I like context, so that's probably why I think so :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i actually found it it wuite complicated.... had 2 manipulate my essay quite a bit coz of the "how it affected your understanding and how this developed" bit.... although i wrote 9 pages, still donn't think i answered the question properly...:(

cakes

hi
HSC
erm.. I just said that studying both texts enriched and developed my understanding because i was getting 2 perspectives on common issues in the play... then went on to compare the values and context =S is that correct?

i thought that was alright.. managed 11 or 12 pages of waffle

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I just waffled on about the similar themes/perspectives that both plays possess and how they are differently converyed as a result of context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)