Module A - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i wrote a story about dr evil trying to create a black hole and this dragon slaying hero, then in the end it waws the same guy who was schitzophrenic and he ripped a hole in space time and sucked the universe into the 4th dimension

sigh

HSC
mine came to me when i got out of bed so I'm really worried about what's gonig to happen in the markers hands...

I wrote about a girl who's parents hate her, and they kill her dog (who she loves) so she makes up a big story about her dad abusing her, and gets him sent to jail.

revenge tragedy obviously.

Kinda twisted... :S

pitted

HSC
N/A
well i really liked this question and here is what i wrote....

first person, the crim taking an object...second person waking then going back to sleep...first person, wakes up gang wants to replace her...second person, morning realising that the stuffs gone....go to crim (somehow) and finally the crims sister says that mum and dad punished her and she is grounded and their hideout is now in her sisters room therefore she aint the leader....and it ends with the crim eating the cookies that she stole...and the parents saying "kids eh?"

kinda crap whne i think about it now

ah well

ciao....btw i had crime fiction

madferitmaiden

HSC
I wrote a hard boiled style story about a detective who has been foiled by his femme fatale-esque broad. Ugh very cliche and I wish I had spent more time on the development of the story (only 40 minutes) .. It was left up in the air at the end. The detective being torn between exposing his girlfriend as a leader of a criminal syndicate (he obviously feels completely idiotic) or going on, covering up her lies and letting corruption prevail. Mmmyeah I dunno how it went though.. great quote though.

V

vanbasten

Futuristic world enslaved by media and technology. I drew on shit from movies like Twelve Monkeys and Demolition Man. Quite happy with it.

petayani

HSC
Well, we did spec.fic and mine was about the world overheating - some thought the sun was expanding millions of years too early, but one scientist dude thought it was just a "solar radiation mega-storm" (*shudders at corny sci fi language*). And he has a special blue elixir that, when released into the earth, causes lots of endothermic chemical reactions, slowing down all the surrounding life forms, reducing the world's temperature, eventually causing an ice-age-DayAfterTomorrow-type-thing.... so yeah, those markers won't know what hit them

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
iw as a real smart-arse and wrote about a series of murders that always had modernist quotes left behind at the scene of crime. so i shoved in one line from the lovesong of alfred j. prufrock in a desperate attempt to fool the markers into thinking i was cultured. ah, how pathetic.

lizzieee_

mine was...... weird, i didn't get to finish it either so it won't make sense as i didnt get to do the denouement properly

it was something about this policewoman who was undercover as a life drawing artist in a bar trying to catch this serial murderer and alls they know is the kiler is blonde, and she has this backup guy who kinda gives an objective view. i did little description thingies about what she was drawing all through it, a figure coming outta the shadows lah lah lah.... then this big blonde dude walks in and acts creepy to the girl so she gets scared and palms him off to her back up who follows him outside, but it turns out the serial murderer was actually a blonde woman, who was sitting next to her the whole time and was also the figure she was drawing so she, the murderer, kinda metaphorically steps outta the page and the police girl dies.

but like i said i didnt finish it properly, the markers won't know which way they going...
oh well :)

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
lizzieee_ said:
but like i said i didnt finish it properly, the markers won't know which way they going...
oh well :)
if you're lucky they might mistake it for some brilliant stroke of postmodernism. basically what my teacher was saying after the exam; "it's ok... if you didn't finish it was just postmodern" :p

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
I do revenge tragedy so my story was basically about a girl keep getting physically abused by his father.

She hates the world and shit...alll this tainting and in one of her classes her teacher told her that your family is like your universe (whata crap connection)

Then at the end she finally killed her own father. Basically she not only disturbed her universe...she destroyed it. man...i'm dead in creative :(

Last edited:

Randogz

any of u do individual and society? i wrote a speech from the perspective of a fictional character "Eleanor"...who was just basically Nora!! haha! i didnt mind the question. stumped me a bit, didnt expect it to be THAT creative

espo14

Banned
Diary entries of old Hamlet, discussion the steps of his revenge against Polonius

TooF

I wrote Crime fiction

The first scene was from the perspective of the victim.. she was at this isolated lookout in NYC to escape from the world for a moment but she set herself as the perfect murder vic

Second part: perspective of a detective, realised the girl was his sister, passes the case to his partner because he's an assumed suspect obviously

Third part: perspective of the partner - finds out that the original detective was the real murderer, and he's a serial killer - been killing all his lovers believing that he was doing them a favour sending them to heaven
Original detective finally admits when confronted by his partner because of the guilt he felt when he saw his mutilated sister :)

He asks "Dare you disturb the universe?" rhetorically, and answers himself by saying "I'm putting a stop to that now"

haha kinda cliche and stupid, but I'm pretty happy. Forgot to use big words though

lamchopz

Christian Unionist
HSC
hey i found the exam quite straight forward especially the creative piece. basically i was talkn about a mars odyssey so it fit in to the quote quite nicely. luckily i prepared a creative response before hand when i was studying imaginative journey so it was quite nice doing two courses using the same material.

anyways, i forgot the question it asked..could some one prompt me wif the question coz im kinda worried that i didnt answer the question and went off on a tangent in the response which isnt promising but yeah...thx:D

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
Teleph said:
I do revenge tragedy so my story was basically about a girl keep getting physically abused by his father.

She hates the world and shit...alll this tainting and in one of her classes her teacher told her that your family is like your universe (whata crap connection)

Then at the end she finally killed her own father. Basically she not only disturbed her universe...she destroyed it. man...i'm dead in creative :(

wow!! urs is really similar to mine!!
i used the whole idea of disturbing the universe to represent a need for catharsis... mleh, mleh, mleh... but yeh
the actual story was about a girl who gets sexually abused by her father and eventually committs suicide, but her younger sister ends up avenging her death and kills the father.. a bit complex in plot.. with other things related to it. but sounds pretty similar. :uhhuh:

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I'd already written a story about the afterlife...and provided this rad alternative reasoning...so I fit the quote into someone telling someone about it...and how he was ...oh blah blah. too intricate to remember. It worked. That's as much as I can say.

I did Spec Fic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)