Module A: Comparative Study of Texts and Context (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts of Section I (Module A - Q1-2).

Guernica

HSC
This was a very straight forward question.. I liked it. It was easily supported, although a little stronger by BNW than BR.

sideshowtim

HSC
alright question. didn't leave much to do for me except explain how ovid was transformed by nature and how nature invigorated the senses and stuff. probably my weakest section. i always find it hard to write well structured essays for comparitive study of texts.

Gorjesss

Million Dollar Baby
HSC
Loved this question, was so easy to talk about for BNW and BR
There were many themes and relations to context which support the response.
:)

HSC
the question for 'emma' and 'clueless' was alright i think.. it took me a while to decide how i was going to interpret the word 'relationship' as.. ended up just discussing everything that came to mind just incase.. i don't think i quoted enough.. oh well..

sly_skittle

HSC
for ours we had to discuss moral order- is that even in the syllabus?? I had no idea what to write so i just mentioned it in the intro and conclusion and then talked about how values were transformed in both texts. i just found an entire essay on moral order in Hamlet !!! arggghhh!

nanini

HSC
this question was HORRIBLE and PAINFUL for hamlet and r&g are dead. moral order? it was tooo specific for my liking. it didn't really give you an opportunity to write about techniques etc. it was purely based on different philosophical frameworks etc. etc. anyway i'm glad its over!

melfiney

HSC
bnw/br was the only nice question... harwood and frontline were rude

Monkey2034

HSC
sly_skittle said:
for ours we had to discuss moral order- is that even in the syllabus?? I had no idea what to write so i just mentioned it in the intro and conclusion and then talked about how values were transformed in both texts. i just found an entire essay on moral order in Hamlet !!! arggghhh!
i also had this question and have never heard the phrase 'moral order' used within the module...did anyone else find this? i must have missed it in the syllabus when i looked over to check i was including everything :confused:

i figured once i left the exam room that they probably wanted it be based on the chain of being (religion and the attitudes on revenge because of the church's influence) in Hamlet and to compare it to the lack of order in 1960's society. I adressed the quetsion in the intro and conculsion but i don't think i meantioned it anywhere else :( Does someone know what they wanted?

from what others are saying it seems as though i actually did answer the question without realising it :D

Last edited:

funkenstein

HSC
i swear that the BNW/BR was the worst question ever!:burn:

i mean it wud have been easier to talk about with powerplay!!

wat were we even meant to talk about with the consequences of control?????:bomb:

butch_dodd

HSC
What we think of emma/clueless??..OMG how much did the centering on 'relationships' throw me?i'd done little bits and peices in my original essay but no where near enough to salvage a whole essay from..very short, very sad, very band 4 material.lol (I HOPE NOT ANYTHING) 7 pages.not good

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i didn't mind this question at all. it was slightly difficult at first, but really, it wasnt too bad. I pretty much went on about the way that each text's context and surrounding value systems had influenced each playwright's views on the nature of moral order, and how these differing ideas were conveyed and why. so i was talking about the Elizabethan value placed on order and balance and how that affected articulation of the themes and ideas (eg hamlet being 'born to set it right', the way that death and the line btw illusion and reality were treated etc), and then with ros and guil just saying how stoppards context leads him to espouse the view that there is no moral order or balance in this essentially meaningless world and then explained that talking about the roles of ros and guil, the players, hamlet, the structure and language in both plays, etc etc etc.

not sure if that was what they exactly wanted, but thats what i did and i dont think i went too badly.

BlackDragon

HSC
wasn't bad for rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead and hamlet, just approrpiated my prepared response. though the question was a little hard to understand.

passion89

HSC
I liked the 'consequences of the desire for control' question for BNW/BR.
It left room to talk about a crapload of different themes etc

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
For BNW and BR it was a very good question very straight forward

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Emma/Clueless=BALLS. The question sucked!

Surviv0r

HSC
didnt like the hamlet question too much...what on earth is the moral of natural order??

karoooh

HSC
Hamlet/RAGAD

Wasn't to bad; once I stopped panicking during reading time, I realised it worked out well with the themes I was going to talk about anyway: Religion, death and fate. Not so much fate, but... Really wish I didn't write about that bit now. But overall, not too bad! Would've been great if they had asked a generic question like they usually do though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)