MODERN HISTORY PREDICTIONS (1 Viewer)

sappho22

HSC
What do you guys think the 10-15 marker in P&A will be? My electives are USA, Cold War and Cultural Revolution, I feel alright-ish about all of those, I don't think they can psych me out too much but who knows.

HSC
What do you guys think the 10-15 marker in P&A will be? My electives are USA, Cold War and Cultural Revolution, I feel alright-ish about all of those, I don't think they can psych me out too much but who knows.
rip to ur hands after english 😭😭

tgone

HSC
I feel like after the key figures one, they’ll probably just ask a general consolidation source question— or maybe I hope haha

Como90

HSC
The question will be assess how the first Treaty of Sevres influenced the Turkish War of Independence
based on my analysis of past hsc papers in the new syllabus id have to say it's more likely going to be
To what extent did the authority of the League of Nations limit the ambitions of Germany and Japan? (15 marks)

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Any guesses on the short answers? They haven't asked about the collapse of the Weimar Republic yet as far as I'm aware

George2004

HSC
It will be something on features of the dictatorships that emerged in Russia, Italy, and Japan.

tgone

HSC
Does anyone else do conflict in europe? Thoughts?
I’m thinking one holocaust/homefront since they haven’t asked that directly yet, and one “outbreak of war” with like appeasement or something

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
I’m thinking one holocaust/homefront since they haven’t asked that directly yet, and one “outbreak of war” with like appeasement or something
I hope that's the case. I think I'm ok with homefront and Holocaust stuff maybe not so much the outbreak of war for 25 marks worth. Hopefully we get better questions than 2021

tgone

HSC
I hope that's the case. I think I'm ok with homefront and Holocaust stuff maybe not so much the outbreak of war for 25 marks worth. Hopefully we get better questions than 2021
Yeah- I say homefront/holocaust as almost guaranteed, and I can’t see them asking about [factor] —> outcome again after the last three years. Honestly though I’d prefer an outbreak of war question, since it’s hard to make a sophisticated thesis and essay for something is basic as “how did ww2 effect the homefronts”

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah- I say homefront/holocaust as almost guaranteed, and I can’t see them asking about [factor] —> outcome again after the last three years. Honestly though I’d prefer an outbreak of war question, since it’s hard to make a sophisticated thesis and essay for something is basic as “how did ww2 effect the homefronts”
That is true. If we get anything about the conflict in north Africa i may walk out of the exam hall lol. But considering it was asked recently id say not. Hoping you are right about the homefront situation

tgone

HSC
That is true. If we get anything about the conflict in north Africa i may walk out of the exam hall lol. But considering it was asked recently id say not. Hoping you are right about the homefront situation
Its hard to imagine they don't ask about homefront, since they've stayed within the causes/outcome category of the features for a long time:

Key Features - Conflict in Europe
causes of the conflict
aims and strategies of the Allied and Axis powers
turning points of the war/reasons for the Allied victory
impact of the war on civilians (Homefront)
impact of the Holocaust in occupied territories
reasons for the Allied victory

Although one of the questions will still probably be that, personally guessing its going to be either (air war--> outcome of war) or (appeasement--> outbreak of war)

2019How significant was the conflict in North Africa to the outcome of the war in Europe?
How significant were the Allied strategies to their victory in Europe?
2020To what extent did Germany achieve its foreign policy aims by September 1939?
Evaluate the significance of the Battle of Stalingrad and the Russian campaign to the course of the European War.
2021To what extent did the foreign policy goals Hitler describes lead to the outbreak of the European War?

Statement:
Germany should concentrate all of its strength on marking out a way of life
for our people through the allocation of adequate living space for the next one hundred years.
To what extent is this statement accurate?

Statement:
The social and economic effects of the war in Germany determined the outcome
of the conflict.

Marley_Rat

HSC
Uni Grad
Its hard to imagine they don't ask about homefront, since they've stayed within the causes/outcome category of the features for a long time:

Key Features - Conflict in Europe
causes of the conflict
aims and strategies of the Allied and Axis powers
turning points of the war/reasons for the Allied victory
impact of the war on civilians (Homefront)
impact of the Holocaust in occupied territories
reasons for the Allied victory

Although one of the questions will still probably be that, personally guessing its going to be either (air war--> outcome of war) or (appeasement--> outbreak of war)

2019How significant was the conflict in North Africa to the outcome of the war in Europe?
How significant were the Allied strategies to their victory in Europe?
2020To what extent did Germany achieve its foreign policy aims by September 1939?
Evaluate the significance of the Battle of Stalingrad and the Russian campaign to the course of the European War.
2021To what extent did the foreign policy goals Hitler describes lead to the outbreak of the European War?

Statement:
Germany should concentrate all of its strength on marking out a way of life
for our people through the allocation of adequate living space for the next one hundred years.
To what extent is this statement accurate?

Statement:
The social and economic effects of the war in Germany determined the outcome
of the conflict.
Thanks thats really useful to be able to look at the qs like that. I would agree with air war being an option i was thinking that as well.

sienna866

HSC
anyone do USA national study and conflict in indochina? im trying to cram a years worth of content and don't know what to prioritise, so any predictions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)