Modern History Exam Thoughts (merged) (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Highlight, in detail, your three-hour personal relationship with the Modern History paper. Key areas to consider: first impressions (tears of terror), volume of responses (tears of frustration), post-exam thoughts (tears of happiness).

zelba

HSC
Modern GREAT!

I thought Modern history was Great! China and SA were really good! The questions on Sun Yuixian were a bit annoying though! Does anyone know what raw mark you need in modern to get over 90??

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
germany was evil

as was conflict in the pacific

they were so specific and i hadn't reviewed germany as a totalitarian society as well as i'd looked at weimar so i had to do conservative elites GODDAMN YOU VON HINDENBURG.

but conflict was good cause i loved the strategies question.

anyone else find world war one like WHOA easy?

nwatts

HSC
Germany was fantastic. I loved the totalitarian question. I had a few fantastic quotes up my sleeve, argued against totalitarianism quite well by talking about Nazi's transformation but not revolution of German society. Kershner = teh secks! (Sorry Tulipa!)

WWI was easy, I agree. Lucky, because I hadn't touched the Somme/Verdan/anything battle-related since term 2. I was expecting total war/homefront.. *glares at a certain someone!*

I found the Arab-Israel questions difficult. I started on a) but realised half-way through I soo should have done b), and quietly suffered. They were more specific than I was expecting, and didn't cover the particular areas I'd really cracked down on. A max of a 24 or so for that question.

Bronny_Mac

Hmm
Section one was easy
Germany was...eh
Cold War :(
We only really did the first question and even then I totally read it wrong and had to go back and add bits :( :(

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
nwatts said:
Germany was fantastic. I loved the totalitarian question. I had a few fantastic quotes up my sleeve, argued against totalitarianism quite well by talking about Nazi's transformation but not revolution of German society. Kershner = teh secks! (Sorry Tulipa!)

WWI was easy, I agree. Lucky, because I hadn't touched the Somme/Verdan/anything battle-related since term 2. I was expecting total war/homefront.. *glares at a certain someone!*

I found the Arab-Israel questions difficult. I started on a) but realised half-way through I soo should have done b), and quietly suffered. They were more specific than I was expecting, and didn't cover the particular areas I'd really cracked down on. A max of a 24 or so for that question.
Yeah I agree totalitarian question was awesome! Overall, I did pretty well. Hoping for above 95 aligned. Quite happy with it :D

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
WW1 - Surprising.
Germany - Prepared totalitarianism essay.
Speer - Second question bit iffy.
Indochina - Did the first question and linked in another stuff with anti-war movements, overall fairly good.
Overall - OK!

Peartie

HSC
WWI - easy

Russia - Good
Kollontai - done thos 2 questions almost word for word about 3 days ago so was like YAY

Cold War - GOOD!

nwatts

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Yeah I agree totalitarian question was awesome! Overall, I did pretty well. Hoping for above 95 aligned. Quite happy with it :D
Ohh, about 95? I'm thinking I'll push low 90s. I'm really unhappy with my Arab-Israel response.

Glad to see people are feeling good tho. :)

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
yea it was preety good actually
world war one - hoping for total war but studied the somme which was cool
russia- LUVED the q i had soo much 2 write on it but i didint havn enough time so thats got me a tad screwed up

cold war- was it jst me or was that q very weird on the ussr policies bcuz we had 2 discuss more than one conflict.. and usually in papers we only discuss one in detail :S i discussed the comecon, cominform and how they led up to the berlin blockade that was my small one and then warsaw pact and others and my huge one on cuban crisis.. but the way i linked it wif the q was the aim of the ussrs policies was to spread communism and thats wat caused the crisis? is that correct or was there anyfin else to add??

overall im :)

YAY LAST EXAM NO MORE MODERRN!!!
BURN NOTES BURN!

adgala

HSC
ww1 was harder than expected...russia and indochina were ok but i was all over the place for indo cos i only had 35 minutes left

i'm aiming for 85ish, it was a challenging test..timewise

HSC
nwatts said:
Highlight, in detail, your three-hour personal relationship with the Modern History paper. Key areas to consider: first impressions (tears of terror), volume of responses (tears of frustration), post-exam thoughts (tears of happiness).
after a three hour long fight and struggle against my Modern paper, im not sad to say, we have decided never to see one another again. our realtionship has never been very loving.
WW1 - didnt study for it and was glad to see i didnt need to.
Altho russia presented itself as an obstacle, the cold war was the final stage of our breakup. gay russia. why did you have to become communist!

i forgot my water bottle so i had to sit there with no drink for three hours in a demountable with no air conditioning. :(

i think i have found a new love. drama.

HSC
WW1: Very nice questions for rambling on about. I hope I didn't make a retarded mistake in the Short answer questions though. I was very angry about losing one mark in it for the trial :(

Russia: I liked these quesitons, the first one was exactly the same as the one I did in my trial. I think this was my best section

Trotsky: The questions were good...but I felt my answers were slightly retarded :(

Cold War: Unexpected questions for me...but I think I made the nuclear protest one work

Overall I'm fairly happy...although it makes me feel like I wasted a lot of time and paper on the things that weren't in the exam ;_;

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
What a great paper!
WW1 = easy as pie --- Source C and D wrote themselves, they were so blindingly obviously able to be contrasted

Germany = Totalitarianism -- all I studied for. :D Wrote a bit on it, went a bit over time and didn't have enough time for Speer though.

South Africa had the easiest question I had ever seen, which was to explain how Apartheid impacted on people. Cinch! :D

Hopefully I get 85+ All I'm worried about now is Speer

nwatts

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Wow, I felt like that Cold War questions were extremely specific, and also particularly in Germany, as the "conservative elites" question was unexpected. Section one was excellent, however I feel like complaining about the fact that source d didnt have a publishing date (only a retreival data which has no relevance at all), which severly hindered my ability to deduce its effectiveness.
I just mentioned that it was from a website, so it's gonna be 1995+ source. I commented on how it's a pomo reflection on the trench warfare... useful to those evaluating sources as well as contexts behind them... changing contexts = changing values. Website said trench warfare was easy. That's pomo enough for you. :p "Che Guevara was a Nazi" would have had similar effect.

roadcone

HSC
WW1 - fantastic, i thought that it would be on battles and the like so yeah cheering.

USA - relieved to find a racism question. pretty straightforward

HOOVER - hmm reasonable i guess

IRELAND - the first question was a bit weird (i picked that it would be homefront) so i did the second and it was brilliant because i just chucked everything in

OVERALL - two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me... in saying that i'll probably go crap now

0Jade0

HSC
WW1: So easy.... what was the point?
Germany: Totalitarian society. I only studied a bit of this, I suprised myself on how much I knew.
Speer: I loved these questions. Especially b) because referringto historians was simple fest sereny ect.
Conflict in the Pacific: Decolonisation. I liked this question because we focused on it in class and had done an essay relating to it.

That said I will probably fail...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
hmmm... happy with the exam overall. Some worries
- totaltarianism- I talked abour germany being totalitarian, not precisely a totalitarian SOCIETY... I just missed the key-word of 'society', I mean it might not be a keyword at all...
- cold war- did the first question... thought that I only needed to talk about 1 crisis... in hindsight it may be that the question wanted me to cover more than that but one crisis "in depth". Wheareas, I did one crisis in depth and that was it.

What do you lot think? Are my concerns warranted?

other than these 2 minor (hopefully minor) things my responses were definitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)