MOD C HELP (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
hey guys hows everyone preparing i literally have no idea how to prepare a creative like literal struggle wtf i cant physically mentally emotionally or spiritually write one yay

stressedadfff

HSC
ps i heard people just reuse narratives others have written/posted but i am kinda scared of plagiarism is that true?

Wizjaro

HSC
Personally what I am doing is memorising a creative and discursive which I feel confident with but I'm also preparing an idea just in case neither piece fits the question. In that case I would write something completely new on the spot based on the prepared idea I went in with. That way I can cover all my bases for everything. The only reason why I'm confident doing this however is because I write like a lot so practice makes perfect. you have over a month left so even if you just write 50 words a day you should get enough practice before the exam.

stressedadfff

HSC
Personally what I am doing is memorising a creative and discursive which I feel confident with but I'm also preparing an idea just in case neither piece fits the question. In that case I would write something completely new on the spot based on the prepared idea I went in with. That way I can cover all my bases for everything. The only reason why I'm confident doing this however is because I write like a lot so practice makes perfect. you have over a month left so even if you just write 50 words a day you should get enough practice before the exam.
true true should be fine ehehreuhkgjg

zizi2003_

HSC
so in your opinion, what sort of ideas may fit any stimulus they throw at us?
ive heard people say perhaps something on the 'power of literature/words/language' but im not too sure

zizi2003_

HSC
hey guys hows everyone preparing i literally have no idea how to prepare a creative like literal struggle wtf i cant physically mentally emotionally or spiritually write one yay
i just cant understand how people write band 6 creatives packed with imagery and meaningful stuff in a time-pressured situation

stressedadfff

HSC
ive heard people say perhaps something on the 'power of literature/words/language' but im not too sure
thats what i heard and i did like okay on a class assessment we got on that topic but not too well ill probs just fix it and use tbh so cbbs

Wizjaro

HSC
Yep Whatever idea you go for such have some element of the power of literature etc or should explore culture in a meaningful way. Those two ideas seem to always intrigue markers. As for writing good creatives packed with imagery in all honesty you don't need to pack them with imagery. If the techniques you re drawing from aren't imagery that's ok because all that matters is that its obvious that you were inspired by your mod C text. Also with practice you just get used to writing good creatives on the spot.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Any advice on how to write a reflection? Should it be structured like an essay? If it’s allocated 10/10 for creative and then reflection. Would it be 500 words on creative 500 for reflection?

Wizjaro

HSC
Any advice on how to write a reflection? Should it be structured like an essay? If it’s allocated 10/10 for creative and then reflection. Would it be 500 words on creative 500 for reflection?
Yes a reflection is structured sort of like an essay. You have your introduction and your paragraphs. In your intro you should mention the purpose of your text as well as the link to the stimulus in the first few sentences. Then you should mention your mentor text and the techniques you borrowed from it and if you can the purpose of your mentor text. For your paragraphs you should begin with an example from your mentor text and how that composer uses the technique to achieve something. Then you go on to talk about how you specific ally used that technique(with an example) in your own text and how it contributes to the purpose of your text. Then just rinse and repeat for as many paragraphs as you can muster(would recommend 2-3 paras). You can also have like a conclusion sentence where you just reiterate which technqiues inspired you and how you used those technqiues to create something meaningful. I have also seen some people recommend trying to make sure that one of the techniques you used is a big structural one like metafiction or a cyclical structure etc. As for word count yes I would recommend around 500-600 words for your creative for 10-12 marks and 400-500 words for your reflection for 8-10 marks. However in the unlucky case of a 20 mark piece 800-1000 word creative should suffice.

stressedadfff

HSC
Yep Whatever idea you go for such have some element of the power of literature etc or should explore culture in a meaningful way. Those two ideas seem to always intrigue markers. As for writing good creatives packed with imagery in all honesty you don't need to pack them with imagery. If the techniques you re drawing from aren't imagery that's ok because all that matters is that its obvious that you were inspired by your mod C text. Also with practice you just get used to writing good creatives on the spot.
but what if they give a character specific case from mod c text

Hiheyhello

HSC
i think that’s it’s best to both have a narrative prepared AND to be prepared to write one on the spot.

like for my trials i knew there was no way i could get away with adapting coz the stimulus was very specific, but luckily i had practiced one before on the spot that fit well, so i just recycled the idea.

mind you i didn’t do that great lmao, but i heard that ppl were getting like 5/12s and i knew that most of them had barley practiced.

so

best to be prepared for whatever they throw at u by refining a perfect creative and also regularly practicing answering questions on the spot.

Wizjaro

HSC
Thats the thing you need to be ready to write something on the spot. Unfortunately you won't be able to use your prepared idea though but that's why I recommend practicing anyway just in case your idea doesn't fit the question and you are gonna need to write something on the spot. Mod C really is the epitome of practice makes perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)