Missing a source (1 Viewer)

MmmmEdible

HSC
Hi all, I've just realised that I missed the source in section 2 (12 mark question), well not entirely... Anywho made me wonder just what is the highest mark a question can get with minimal to no reference to a source???

lollypoplady

HSC
MmmmEdible said:
Hi all, I've just realised that I missed the source in section 2 (12 mark question), well not entirely... Anywho made me wonder just what is the highest mark a question can get with minimal to no reference to a source???
If you still talked about what the source was inferring etc and answered the actual question very well then u can still probs get 10 if not more! Don't quote me on it, just my gut feeling.

iheartpie

HSC
MmmmEdible said:
My teacher told us that if you don't reference the source then it's automatically impossible to get a 'top range' mark ... so the best you could do is 9 or 10 is you answered the question really well

HSC
iheartpie said:
My teacher told us that if you don't reference the source then it's automatically impossible to get a 'top range' mark ... so the best you could do is 9 or 10 is you answered the question really well
yeah, my teachers said this too. they were a bit harsh, if we didn't talk about the source we could only get half of the total marks because technically you're not answering the question. but don't worry OP, i'm sure they're not that bad in the HSC. positive marking.

kthxbambi

HSC
dammit i didnt refer to like...any sources
i was never even told we had to
it would just make the answer awkward anyway

crap!

HSC
kthxbambi said:

crap!
its part of all the questions with sources... they all say 'refer to source blah blah and your own knowledge'.

benotdavid

HSC
kthxbambi said:

crap!
Someone should fire your ancient teacher NOW.

chriskoss

HSC
Hahaha david.. your funny

yes.. he/she/it is an idiot lol. The whole course is about analyzing sources.. comparing ancient to modern sources.. and seeing what they have to say, in order to get evidence.

For if it wasn't for ancient sources, there would be no ancient history lol.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
kthxbambi said:

crap!
i think the OP is referring to the sources/stimulus included within the exam paper itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)