"Misconceptions about aboriginal beliefs" (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Why have i never seen that before, in the syllabus, in my textbook, or in any notes?
fucking hell

i made up some bullshit, and they probably have a list of pre-defined misconceptions

can anyone tell me wether that question was in the syllabus?
:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

neesha

hey i put :

they had the misconception that Aboriginal pplz didn't have any religion, ot belief systems, because they had no sacred texts, vestments and buildings...somehow i made that in2 2 things...lol! as 4 the syllabus...it's there!! it says "Recognises historical misconceptions about Aboriginal belief systems" :p

Hottieflossy

i never saw it in the syllabus either and i kept checking it as i was writing my notes that i would study from. i said that people thought the aboriginal people didnt have any higher beings such as God and then i said that white people didnt understand about the land being so important to aboriginals.

neesha

Originally posted by Hottieflossy
i said that white people didnt understand about the land being so important to aboriginals.

yes that's true because land makes up a huge part of their belief systems- the colonists thought it was 'terra nullius' so i think that answers good and i wish i had thawt of it!

d__o__a

DOA
HSC
N/A
i put the connection of the aborigines to the land is inextricably linked and the kinship system

wog10

i put european settlers didnt understand ther nomadic culture and that they had no religion thus they were uncivilised. in the eyes of europeans a civilized culture has religious buildings and a professional priesthood which abos dont have and also abos dont have sacred texts they oral stories told thru rituals and art.

i said the relationship with the land and also that aboriginals have no divine or god...its all based on the dreaming

tiger_03

i said that white people didnt understand about the land being so important to aboriginals.
:chainsaw: I should have put that...I wrote about how they didnt think the Ab. people had any religion (no books, chuches, etc), and then I wrote some crap about the British thinking the Aboriginals were satanic....what the hell? :eek:

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
its not in syllabus, lucky i got the maquarie SoR guide or i wouldn't hav known and would hav had to bullshit, but i thought it was straighforward even if u never came across it
i talked bout misconceptions invovling the primitive nature of aborigines and the absense of tradition, laws, culture
also the misconception about land ownership 'terra nullius' and the eurpoeans justification of there being no 'fences' -- representative of boundaries and ownership and also the absense of buildings and any social order
meh i could hav gone on about this forever
thank you maquarie study guide :)
good luck ppl

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
i made up one that went:
"the misconception that aboriginal beliefs are incompatible with other beliefs" because i had lots of info on something like that, eg rainbow spirit theology, all that trash

and for the second one
then i said that white people didnt understand about the land being so important to aboriginals.
was basically the same as this

i have no idea if they will accept those
do you think they have a pre-defined list of misconceptions, or they are open to different ones? heh

PG5

HSC
i put a lot of things in 1 paragraph... hopefully they'd be able to distinguish b/w the different misconceptions and count them as separate....

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i was like wtf when i saw the question!
i wrote bout europeans misconception of aboriginies lacking belief system cos of no churches etc
fingers crossed i get marks for that

monopoly19

HSC
I put that the colonists believed they had no belief system, and that they believed that the land belonged to no-one (whereas it was an integral part of the belief system). I pretty much babbled on for a while about Aboriginal Spirituality.

Rahul

Dead Member
lol, hahah tele "faggot" u know what i am talking about :p

the misconceptions IS in the syllabus! thank god for my notes...

anyway, i put down:
1. that they thought abl. were primitive and didnt have religion
2. terra nullius, they didnt recognise their relationship with land
for each i talked about why they thought each misconception was true at teh time and the real 'conception', if you know what i mean:p

neesha

Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
well smack me down and call me a faggot
*waits for some smartass comment* :p

*u just suck tele, shoulda looked @ the syllabus carefully!* hehe, j/k, it ain't ur fault, i'm sure u'll end up killing it!. the misconception thing was printed 2wice on my syllabus...dunno y, got a bit fucked up in the fotocopying process...at least it urged me 2 look at it!

dAn1

only knew it because of the Macquarie guide!

fair paper over all.

dAn1

only knew it because of the Macquarie guide!

fair paper over all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)