Memorise essays? (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Hey, I'm about to do my second English in class essay on English. It's on Macbeth. I was wondering whether I should just memorize:
1. Quotes/techniques and their analysis+memorized introduction (way to introduce themes)+thesis statements for every body parapgram

2. Memorized introduction + memorised body paragraphs for each theme (got 100% last in class when I did this but took a load of work )

Just looking to get into a habit of one of these don't want to be constantly switching methods

studiesofboard

HSC
In that case remember your tee tables. This way in the exam you can create your thesis and conclusion matching the question. No I don't think so it's an exam so questions are unseen.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
I thought the new syllabus and new whatevers are discouraging memorised essays? Can anyone confirm?

ahri

HSC
I thought the new syllabus and new whatevers are discouraging memorised essays? Can anyone confirm?
Absolutely, the new syllabus can specifically give you a question about certain themes or ideas to ensure you don't prememorise essays. Best way to prepare is know your quotes well, be able to adapt your ideas and read through the syllabus to make sure you are prepared for whatever question they give you on the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)