Maths Extension 2 thoughts (1 Viewer)

Modern

HSC
Also do you know if examiners give half marks. Like say if you make a silly mistake and get the wrong answer despite geting the working correct.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Also do you know if examiners give half marks. Like say if you make a silly mistake and get the wrong answer despite geting the working correct.
No, they do not give half marks. In cases like those, whether you still get it or not it depends on a large number of factors like how many marks were allocated to the question, how late it is into the paper etc.

genodeg

HSC
N/A
tfw you skipped q 11 e

3 easy marks D:...
Holy fuck no I think I did this too I don't really remember seeing it but it's an easy question so not sure if I just sped through it quickly or just didn't see it fuck fuck fuck this is so dumb man I'm so upset

Last edited:

Mathsisfun15

HSC
I skipped 1 easy mark I'm lucky it wasn't more. That's the problem with my exam technique

Torque

HSC
87 raw would go to 96 or 97, probably 97
I think because this exam was much easier than 2013/2012 94/95 would be more accurate for an 87 raw. Apparently half of James Ruse only lost two marks? Is this true or just a rumour?

usa

HSC
I think because this exam was much easier than 2013/2012 94/95 would be more accurate for an 87 raw. Apparently half of James Ruse only lost two marks? Is this true or just a rumour?
As a James Ruse student, I would be surprised if that rumour is true after the stringent marking processes of the mathematics section of BOSTES. It all depends on the quality and soundness of each student's proofs.

Last edited:

sida1049

HSC
Not that I know anything about this, but by its anecdotal nature, it probably isn't true; it's an overstatement.

Edit: what usa said is true; even if people say that they've only lost a couple of marks, that's what they think. By no means does anyone fully understand the thought process of markers, and I assure you, the vast majority of people with a mark in their head will be contradicted.

Last edited:

MatISrandom

HSC
not that i know anything about this, but by its anecdotal nature, it probably isn't true; it's an overstatement.

Edit: What usa said is true; even if people say that they've only lost a couple of marks, that's what they think. By no means does anyone fully understand the thought process of markers, and i assure you, the vast majority of people with a mark in their head will be contradicted.
ohh bbyyyyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)