Mark structure.. extended response (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think i nearly started crying when i saw the marks structure.. every essay we have done this year was 4/6/15 and seeing 5/8/12 and even worse.. 5/10/10 i thought wtf is this
as much as i love my teacher i was so unprepared for that and i had no idea how much i was supposed to write for each *sigh
were u guys prepared for it?

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Nope! i had no idea how much to write for each section, and that was one of the first things i said to my teacher when we came out!. All year we've only really done 4/6/15, which is good coz it was one long essay, and 2 shorter components, but the whole 5, 10 and 10 thing stuffed me over big time. I mean that's 2 relatively long answers??....
Oh dear.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Can you believe that the only exam that counted as an assessment was the trial! Didn't see teacher at exams either.

From my practice attempts with past papers it definatly seems the marking structure differed. I decided I'd write a booklet on each section. Sometimes went a bit overboard with 5 markers but generally did a page and a bit for them. My writing is big though.

caspergen

HSC
What WEre they thinkin!??!

The structure of the questions wasnt my only prob.. like ive learnt it that way as well... I was more preoccupied with the questions... What was with the one where they ask us about Genders and parenting... that is honestly like a few dot points in our book and im not even sure if its that big a thing on the syllabus! i had to pull so much stuff outa no where haha good times...I just would liek to know what they were thinking?? i am alright at this subject like i didnt study for trials and i still got 80! id be lucky if i get nethin above 20! I thought i was going to cry! But if we all doo bad, then we get ranked up dont we?? Oh god i hope so!

mishka

HSC
N/A
i was shocked to see the marking structure... but i was ok with it. i always seem to lose marks on questions with more marks, so the 5/10/10 suited me fine. :)
i don't think the numbers have been like that before, though.

elizarose

caspergen said:
The structure of the questions wasnt my only prob.. like ive learnt it that way as well... I was more preoccupied with the questions... What was with the one where they ask us about Genders and parenting... that is honestly like a few dot points in our book and im not even sure if its that big a thing on the syllabus! i had to pull so much stuff outa no where haha good times...I just would liek to know what they were thinking?? i am alright at this subject like i didnt study for trials and i still got 80! id be lucky if i get nethin above 20! I thought i was going to cry! But if we all doo bad, then we get ranked up dont we?? Oh god i hope so!
yeah the marks will be more negatively skewed (ge, maths lingo) and thus as they differed greatly as a whole to our trials they will use their maic scaling wand and hopefully scale our marks up higer . Otherwise we would have no one sitting in the band six posiution, judging by how disappointed we all are in the boar of studies!!

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
caspergen said:
I was more preoccupied with the questions... What was with the one where they ask us about Genders and parenting... that is honestly like a few dot points in our book and im not even sure if its that big a thing on the syllabus! !
Yup, Gender is a grand total of ONE dot point in the syllabus, under factors affecting parenting and caring relationships.....

mishka

HSC
N/A
in other words, they're stinkers. :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
nessie_lee said:
Yup, Gender is a grand total of ONE dot point in the syllabus, under factors affecting parenting and caring relationships.....
umm ur looking at the wrong part of the syllabus.. its actually in the students learn to column under the rights and responsibilities in parenting and caring
"investigate the implications of cultural and gender differences in setting limits"
you may also interpret it as being "examine each influence and determine its effect on parenting and caring relationships" but because the question said setting limits its gotta be under that rights and responsibilities side..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)