major works? (1 Viewer)

dive246

just wondering what people made for their major projects? for metal i made a heavy duty sandpit digger. the dam thing took me 11 months of walking around the classroom aimlessly like a zombie, and 1 month of scurrying around like crazy. spent 10 hrs at school on the last sunday... now thats a horrible memory! just needed one more day to put top coat on after all that time and there were no more days left, but still managed 3rd in IT

arooshika...

HSC
for multimedia, i made an interactive program on 'stop violence against women'

i got an internal mark of 75% but overall, including people from timber and furnishing i came 8/22

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
I made a bed fram and 2 side tables in jarrah and a 300 page folio to go with it, got a internal mark of 85% for it which I thought was ok, came 2/18 overall.

aerohydro

I built a table saw. It took all year: class time plus heaps of weekends and holidays. All parts built from scratch except the motor, blade and bearings. My folio was about 300megabytes.

Srixon

HSC
I made a Tallboy and had a folio of about 80 pages i came first in my class and had an internal assesment of about 95

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
For Multimedia i made two programs (coded), website, 2 help files, 3 or 4 flash tutorials (for the applications i made) and folio over 80 + A3 pages.

Bored Boy

i made a storage cabinet for snooker, pool and cue racks....got an internal assessment mark of 93% and came 1st/11

robocock

i made a pub sized pool table...it was a monster of a project but looked awesome . I got an internal assesment mark of 97%, i killed the rest of my class, i think second was at like 83% or something. i did serious overkill on the folio and did just over 200 pages (a4)

SweetSeasons

HSC
How come u guys know your internal assesment, the teachers aren't allowed to tell you that.

stu_jacks88

For Multimedia I made an educational program for school kids, I included a quiz and all the essentials, but i couldnt add a game to it due to my lack of software skilz and the fact that you cant import some .swf's into flash properly. So pissed off about that. My folio was only 80A4 pages but it qas good quality shite, as well as the project. came 3/about 20, assesment mark of 87%,so i should do alright.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I know that 1st and 2nd in my class was by a very small percentage and that it was in the mid 90's, but i don't know exactly... My hsc mark last year was 90. I came 1st in the year for IT in assesments and the hsc

stew_g17

HSC
hey i made a mad outdoor setting, absolutely smashed the rest of our class, got a mark of 100% for folio and project from the school, dunno wat it wuld have been with the exams but, but ino i beat everyone in my class by at least 10% in every exam.
now hopin for 95+ mark in the hsc or top the state

Srixon

HSC
You could work you r mark out by your self by using your mark you got for the assesment and making it out of the percentage it was worth it is that easy and add them all up to see what u got out of 100

MandyCandy

Timber Products Major

I made a Pedestal Dining Table, for timber. I spent alot of time on it, adn made a 180 page folio for it... My folio was up to D+T standard, the D+T teacher said... :)
I was very happy at the end of it... It was a great feeling to finish...

I used Maple and finished it with Jarrah and seven coats fo lacquer. sooooooo time consuming!!!
I turned the pedestal, that took me a month!! hehe...
I had fun doing it though. I cant wait to get my mark back... overall.
Does anybody want to continue in this field of work?

robocock

SweetSeasons said:
How come u guys know your internal assesment, the teachers aren't allowed to tell you that.

r u sure? i saw my internal assemsent mark for nearly all my subjects, no teacher said we couldn't see them...????

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah i'm sure.. thats what I was told any ways when I was wat school last year

Srixon

HSC
Yeah they aint supposed to tell you because board of studies dont want you to know if they have scaled them

Last edited:

sammie_6

HSC
I made a dining table and 8 upholstered dining chairs... i have no idea what it is worth, because our teacher refused to mark it. But im sure its worth a band 6.

Technically our teachers are not allowed to give us our final progessive mark, but whose going to find out, and you can work it out yourself anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)