list ALL MDP ideas here (1 Viewer)

crossmyheart

HSC
Ok, so its time for me to decide what i am going to do for my major design project and i thought it would be useful for other people in the same situation if everyone (year 11, or 12) could post their ideas, of what they have done, what they are thinking of doing and what other people in their class are doing.

... go

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
this is a list of what everyone in my class did for their MDP. hope this will give you SOME idea. :)
(each line is what each person made)

• lingere
  • swimwear
  • mosaic table top
  • 2 mini skirts
  • a range of jewellery and a jewellery box
  • re-designing of a chair
  • casual dress and coat
  • decorative christmas tree
  • cocktail dress
  • gift card and box set with beaded mirror
  • re-decoration of bedroom (curtains, cushions, painted room etc.)
  • camping backpack (this got nominated for some award thingy - dun remember wat it was now)
  • curtains

hope this helped! :)

speersy

HSC
N/A
O.K. now i have got an extremely good idea, just brace your self...

Its a portable golf driving range like a net of some sort that can also be used as a soccer goal.
The idea is that the soccer and golf balls hit the net and then you dont havel to fetch them. I experimented once with a sheet on the clothes line, it actually works!

I wish i did that for my MDP.

brooklyn_angel17

i designed a 3d lamp in the shape of a butterfly

some others were:

- cd player+speakers+storage

- kitchen island

- pool cue extension

- horse float storage

- coffe table with a water feature in the middle

- educational box for children with special needs

- tv cabinent

- blanket box + mirror

they were the ones from my class.

may i suggest you do do standard funriture like tv cabinents and so on and so forth because so many ppl make these and its not the same wen you can just go out and buy them for cheaper then what you hand make it for.

attached is a picture of my lamp.

kef

benny t
HSC
My class did: Penny farthing bicycle (yeah!)
Electric Upright Bass
Miniature Movie Set Made from cardboard (like a warhammer board but for movies)
Home Gym (with special features can't reveal due to a possible patent)
Recycled material dress/outfit
fully automated home cinema
Redecorated bedroom
backyard cricket set (ball, stumps lock into bat)
Remote control front door (for people with disabilities)
Ute that converts to stationwagon

Cheers!

Managore

HSC
A convertable ute??? hmm...

I just wanted to give everyone here some advice, having nearly completed year 12.

1. Do something you like, or you won't end up finishing it/doing a good job.

2. Try to get something done each week so you don't spend the last weekend doing it... 70+ hours straight.

3. Have fun, it's not that hard.

crossmyheart

HSC
yeah, i was more looking for ideas from multimedia classes ha, so if u r... this is ur queue

fakingtheday

HSC
speersy said:
O.K. now i have got an extremely good idea, just brace your self...

Its a portable golf driving range like a net of some sort that can also be used as a soccer goal.
The idea is that the soccer and golf balls hit the net and then you dont havel to fetch them. I experimented once with a sheet on the clothes line, it actually works!

I wish i did that for my MDP.
guy in my class is doing exactly that. Seems kind of gay.

Sponsor

Sorry to ring in but...

How did you change your font colour?
lilmzqt said:
this is a list of what everyone in my class did for their MDP. hope this will give you SOME idea. :)
(each line is what each person made)

• lingere
  • swimwear
  • mosaic table top
  • 2 mini skirts
  • a range of jewellery and a jewellery box
  • re-designing of a chair
  • casual dress and coat
  • decorative christmas tree
  • cocktail dress
  • gift card and box set with beaded mirror
  • re-decoration of bedroom (curtains, cushions, painted room etc.)
  • camping backpack (this got nominated for some award thingy - dun remember wat it was now)
  • curtains

hope this helped! :)

Sponsor

Salutations

Hey guys yet to do one, (year 11) but am going to do a wood working bench that has a dust extraction system built-in that sucks through the dog holes-to combat dust inhalation and make clean-up easier

crazymaniak

Alumni
HSC
Hey guys,

i did the hsc last year for dnt, n so i thought i'd just add some thoughts for you.. see if they're of ne use to anyone..
- Do something that is innovative i.e. something that is creative, hasn't been done, or solves a problem using new methods. Markers LOVE this.
- Its true that motivation and time management are important. but its not THAT important. The best things to keep in mind are that you should do something you genuiely like and believe is worth doing. Also, its a good idea to get a format n plan for ur folio early, then just fill it up as you work on your project thoughout the year. (though i didn't fill mine up early hehe - i did most of mine towards finishing date)

For hsc peoples:
- Presentation of project at marking is VERY important. remember ur effectively setting up a marketing campaing for the markers (n they are the consumers). I myself set up a projector showing slide show, web site on lap top, had lighting focussing on the project, which was on a stand in middle of room. you want them to be impressed. very impressed. the marks will follow.
- also, present your folio, project and display set-up in a matching and complimentive marketing campaign. logos and clour schemes look professional.

For those interested, i did a car immobiliser that used smart-card technology. i fitted it to my car, and had that on display working for the markers as well.

i got a mark of 94 and a nomination for DesignTECH.

Also, although the course is small, and you should know most of the stuff from doing ur folio, do lots of study for the final exam. doing well in the hsc exam can really lift ur overall mark.

Also. it is a good idea to enjoy yourself. D&T was my fav subject because it gives you an enourmous degree of freedom in your work. creativity, innovativeness and marketing skill is rewarded!

and don't be stupid and do curtains, dresses and all that shit. its so repetitive. be creative. find a creative solution to a real problem. but thats just my opinion. do what you will enjoy, and are good at.

niteshade1312

HSC
Crazymaniak, you are the first person to make quite a bit of sense in what you are saying about your project. I also agree very much on the persentation, the innovation of teh project but more importantly the NEED. Whats the point of making something if it doesn't have a need? ... EXACTLY NOT PURPOSE!

Ill definately be taking what you have said into consideration!

chamelia

HSC
Thankyou so much for that advice crazymaniak. Im especially going to take into consideration the presentation of the actual project. My teacher just suggested doing a video to play in the background and now im sure that what i should do.

inmyfeels

HSC
Salutations

Hey guys yet to do one, (year 11) but am going to do a wood working bench that has a dust extraction system built-in that sucks through the dog holes-to combat dust inhalation and make clean-up easier
Hey good idea but how are you actually going to make it? that is actually a great idea and im considering using it. will you make a mini version or what? thanks, again, great idea!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)