line graph or column grapn (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
What kind of graph did everyone do coz my teacher said that it was meant to be a column grap and most the girls in my school did line graphs.

A

azure

i've been doing line graph for the past 2yrs, my teacher doesnt mark me wrong, and she's a HSC bio exam marker...

SweetSeasons

HSC
I did column, cause that's how I did it in assesment task earlier this year.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i did two line graphs on the one set of axis. you cant be marked down for not doing a column graph. the line graph i did was clear and i made it clear which lines were female or male using a key.

with the qustion about the other bit of information that should have been included in the stats, did you all say smoking and non smoking?

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
please be column!!!

I started off w/a line graph, then thought it looked kinda wrong (cause we were used to doing epidemiological study findings as column graphs) so I changed it to a column graph..I hope its ok, but it DID say to choose the 'most appropriate' so hopefully they won't mind

em_516

bludging..
HSC
lukebennett said:
i did two line graphs on the one set of axis. you cant be marked down for not doing a column graph. the line graph i did was clear and i made it clear which lines were female or male using a key.

with the qustion about the other bit of information that should have been included in the stats, did you all say smoking and non smoking?
i did a column graph because it's easier (well..i think so anyway) to compare male and female..

for that bit i wrote something like 'whether or not the males and females smoked'..

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
lukebennett said:
you cant be marked down for not doing a column graph. the line graph i did was clear and i made it clear which lines were female or male using a key.
i was marked down a mark for doing a line graph instead of a column graph in my trial for a question very similar to that one and my teacher is also a HSC marker

mgmgmg87

I did a line graph but used a key to show between male and female. The line graph best suited if you wanted to use the whole graph paper.

S

Shuter

Line graph was definatly what they were expecting.

I did an entire column graph, even colored it in pretty, then went craaaaap, and had to get a new sheet and did a line graph.

Line graph was the more apporpiate form for viewing the trends over time.

SelphieBoffin

HSC
I did a line graph. I'm sure we were supposed. We were showing a trend, so line graphs the way to go.

Bobcat

HSC
i did a line grapgh, and after i drew it, relised a comlumn graph would prob be better...but it was too late :(

But my line graph was pretty, so i was happy bout that

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I did a line graph I put males on the right vertical axis and females on the left vertical axis then the time on the horizontal axis so that it was one of thos 2 line graph in on thingies.. Ive done it before somewhere... Cant remember but I was never told it was wrong. Then I just did males in black pen and females in blue (after I drew it in pencil first of course :p)

charbar

hey what did u guys put on the horizontal and vertical axis?? i put time on horizontal and the other on the vertical.... i hope i did correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)