Leave Early? (1 Viewer)

ali777

HSC
out of 60ish bio students at my school, i noticed about a dozen leave early. some even left at 10.30, as soon as they could! i forced myself to stay for the whole 3 hours even though i could have crammed it all into 2hours 15. i must have rechecked the whole test 2 or three times though...

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
I usually finish bio with liek 40 mins left, but this time i only had about 15 mins left because i spent like 10 mins planning questions like the 8 marker 7 marker etc

katie-loo

HSC
emma max said:
our option topic was communication... i did one booklet and 2 pages from the next booklet...is that too much? or not enough? or something?
i wrote about that... liek the other guy said as long as its useful stuff and not babble then you will be right. its not quantity but quality lol.

i reakon 3 hours is just enough.. i only just finished about 5 minutes before. but then i did have a relax in the middle when i thought i had finished and only realised when i was looking over my paper that i had missed half the test!!!

but yea.. we had two classes in our exam too and about 3 quarters left after an hour and by the end there were only 6 people left at the end when she said pens down.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
simply__me said:
Yeah.. I had about an hour left too.. but we're not allowed to leave early.

How many pages did you guys write for your option?
8 pages. but about 6 of those were on that 4 marker at the end. how the hell was that question only worth 4 marks, there was so much you could say! (i do communication btw)

sassy_gal

HSC
i did communication as well and did about half a page into the second booklet but my writing is pretty big...and those english skills do kick in, even thoughtits bio. the thing i find is i would rather not miss out on the marks because in know the stuff, so just wrote it in anyway, i also mentioned ms and other problems since that was linked in with coordination in the syllabus. as for time i usually finish early but i only had bout 10 mins this time, porbably because i planned my answers this time.

ryan54321

HSC
over half the people in our test left early... just like in the trials too. i was done in about 1 n a half hours, but i just kept on looking over... lucky cause otherwise i would have missed that q on the flies and darwins theory. lol i thought i went really good in the 4 mark communication q about the brain, i talked about how the brain coordinates animal behaviour by linking stimuli and responses or sumthing, but it kinda sounds like thats not right :(

punk_tartan

HSC
i wrote 14.5 on communicatio for the option

more than half our canidature left early
for me, it was good

though i think they wouldve asked some more stuff covering a wider range in the core

mel4dan

simply__me said:
Yeah.. I had about an hour left too.. but we're not allowed to leave early.

How many pages did you guys write for your option?
I did 13 pages I think, so about 1 and a half booklets and I did communication. I just remembered something I should have put in for the 7 marker tho...

AHH WELL ITS OVERRRRR....

Last edited by a moderator:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
punk_tartan said:
i think they wouldve asked some more stuff covering a wider range in the core
i know!! i was waiting for a question on dna transcription or comparative embryology...both of which i had studied in detail...but no. it was good in a way coz it didnt ask anything i wasnt good at or didnt know...but i was hanging out for that transcription question, i spent so long maing sure i knew it and then for them not to ask...blaeh.

shimmy&shine

HSC
noone except 1 left the exam early. I go to hornsby girls high, so it's not like we wre stupid and slow (or maybe we were, lol).

I think we were all thrying to get the maximum marks, reviewing go over, perfecting, and writing anything extra if required. checking mutliple choice 10 times over (i made the silliest mistake for question 9, i must have read it wrong, becaus ei knew it, but i stupidly circled c, even though later i read the question i looked at it again, and was like the answer is d. ahhh shit. oh well, it's only one mark).

so yeah, only one girl left early.

I personally took a long time answering the question, just because i had the time. I wrote so slowly it was ridiculous, but i wanted to make sure i was being laconic and specifically answering the question.

Hope you all did well. It was the last exam for many people, do who ever is finished, congragulations! :)

JamesStorm06

HSC
I totally fukd up when it came to time management. I saw the clock wrong and rushed a whole section when i still could of spent an extra 1/2 an hour on it. I finished about 45 mins early, i spent most of that going over my answers and writing irrelevabt bs hoping to pick up the odd extra mark lol.

There were a few 'hairy' questions which i stumbled through (a couple of the 2 markers). And i totally didn't think of Kochs postulates for that other one (bugga).

Nearly everything i studied for were mostly 1 mark mc questions lol!! Hopefully i did good in that section. Overall i would expect to get above 75 hopefully even in the 80's.

Now of got chem to look forward to :( -my worst subject!! I just scraped through with 50% in the trial. Hopefully i'll at least get 60% this time.

Good-Luck EVERYONE!! :)

sem77

HSC
yeah i left at 12 after id checked it 4 times! lol and there was only like 4 left out of 40 then!

Lulu_6622

HSC
who leaves a exam early? did u really finish after an hour? every one at my school finished with like 15minutes. left no one walks out. thats just really really slack to the rest of the class.

onomatopoeia

HSC
emma max said:
our option topic was communication... i did one booklet and 2 pages from the next booklet...is that too much? or not enough? or something?
I did almost 2 booklets for that topic, I drew diagrams and everything - even though they probably didn't help at all, and I still was able to leave the exam an hour early after checking through my exam!!!

shimmy&shine

HSC
i was going to draw tables and graphs etc, to make it clear. But i just ended up using traditional paragraphs. It better not have cost me any marks!

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
I didn't leave early. I went over my exam about three times even though I became bored, and ended up finishing about 2 minutes until leaving time.

I actually wrote so much one of my fingers became raw. I now have a firm callus as a result of where it was rubbed raw.

Amigu

HSC
Eh I pretty much finished on the bell. But then I'm a perfectionist and take heaps of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)