Le continuers est bel et bien MORT! J'ai dit «MORT»!!! (1 Viewer)

How did you go?

• I killed it.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I maimed it.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Je lui ai fait mal.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Je l'ai giflé.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Je suis complètement, totalement, entièrement, foutu(e).

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chepas

HSC
Comment vous sentez-vous?

C'était un SALAUD. Cet examen-la`!

Je détèste les questions!

IL N'Y AVAIT PAS D'EMAIL AUQUEL ON POURRAIT RÉPONDRE!!! :(

Et pourquoi une des questions valait-elle 5 notes pour le R&R! C'est criminel quoi?

Je n'avais pas eu la chance de finir le Question 13 de la Section III. Qu'avez-vous choisi, comme question pour Sec III? For Q12 and Q13 I both chose option B (Wow there goes English speaking skills down the pooper...). I the reason why I wanted to stay another France was not because of the country, but because I fell in love with a girl called Aurélie. And Q13 was berk.

I can't wait till I get the Section II questions tomorrow from the French teacher at my school.

I liked Part B in R&R. I can really relate to DVDs! I love them :).

And the Extentioners who do M+J - did you notice something familier in Question 10:

Par conséquent, en refusant d'imposer des lois... les parents ont jeté le bébé avec l'eau du bain!
Hahahaha gooo Caroline! :D! Bien sûr que that was one of the techniques that I said how the author convinced us of the argument or what it was. Metaphor. Yay...

Allons-y, parlons-en donc! J'attends vos opinions avec impatience...
Chépas :D.

fush

HSC
I went pretty siht but i dont give a shit anymore! im out! finshed HSC forever!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Ahh!! CHEPAS! I noticed that TOO! stupid caroline didnt say it enough times, I forgot WHAT it meant!! ARGHHHH OH well hopefully I had enough points for that 6 mark question!

(what does it mean anyway) muahahaha

Overall I found it good and relatively easy, compared to the japanese cont anyway :p

I was so scared for listening...but it wasnt that bad at all!

The reading and responding was unexpected but good :)

And...I chose for the last part, B and then A.

I said that I wanted to stay for another yr in France cos my parents are having a divorce now in aust and that even when I was there b4 I left for France, they were always fighhting sans arret. And I has a BF! ahahaha and i'm in a band and having a lot of fun there. And plus i'm only in year 9, so i hv 1 more year of fun before studying seriosuly in yr 11 and 12.

For the bullying it was easy for me, cos we talked a lot about bullying in ext jap, so I just translated all my ideas and points from jap to french :)

I reckon if I didnt start talking on the "parlons nous le francais ici" thread a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have done as well today.

Yay thanks to everyone who's helped me on that thread!!

omg_a

HSC
q 13 had two terrible options!! they were rather extensionish. totally out of vocab for that. R&R was like an english exam-good texts, but i though craapy qs on the second one.
so happy with listening!!

muzzling

HSC
Hey Chep et tlm,
Ouais, g reconnu la phrase de M + J, "ont jeté le bébé avec l'eau du bain! ".. j'avais un p'tit sourit sur ma bouche..
Alors, moi, g trouve cet examen pas mal on the whole. C'etait vraiment pas comme les autres avec les questions banales comme, "Decrivez ce que vous feriez l'annee prochaine" - ugh, its so boring!
Avec la questions sur les DVDs, je l'ai trouve quelque peu bizarre, mais c'etait do-able bien sur..
J'ai choisi les questions au sujet d'echange et la brutalite des eleves en section 3... pas tout facile, mais je ne peux pas supporter un examen qui est trop simple.. ils m'enervent!

Je ne crois pas que tu sois heureux maintenant que l'on est fini.. Le francais fait une grande partie de ta vie.. c'est un fait

x

muzzling

HSC
By the way kimmi, " ils ont jeté le bébé avec l'eau du bain! " means they threw the baby out with the bath water.. figuratively speaking it means they've forsaken them.. or something.
Good to know it all went well guys.
I said i was staying in france because my dad died in a car accident in Australia and i took the exchange to get away.. Then i said i was staying because i'd made a new life for myself in France.. among other things.
The bullying was fine, i just had a go at the school kids, talking about extension stuff like tolerance of difference bla bla bla.. Funny how they overlap sometimes.

x

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
the listening was ok i guess. Of course they included the obligatory "How does this ad convey its message" which I hate. And the last Q of R+R, how well the author puts his case forward. Dammit English is infecting other subjects!!! How about I don't care how he writes. I spent a little too much time on that one, so I might not have written as much as I should have for the DVD writing question.

Section III was okay. Q12 i did student exchange, but compared to everyone's answers so far my response is so damn boring. i was like, "Yeah um i wanna stay here cos I want to learn more about the culture etc etc". For 13 I did the bullying one but I think i only had about 20 minutes to do it so it was a bit rushed. I was a bit Nazi too, I was like, "Ho ho, how about I ask the principal to remove lunch/recess breaks, so that you know what discipline is??"

I think I felt more confident after the trial. But this one was alright too.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
hey guys,

i thought it was ok
but i didn't like the massive mark questions in the listening and the R & R they sucked alot.
too many analytical questions also....
and YES chepas i did notice the quote from M+J, i cracked up when i saw that. caroline is such a legend in that film.

reading and writing was pretty good i thought
Writing Q 12 was good, i also said that i'd met a chick chepas lol. cept mine was called Chloe lol.
question 13 ate wang, i didn't like q 13 at all, i did the extreme fashion one, cauz i didn't know how to say bullying lol.

anyway, its over now so MEH!
study for extension =/

fush

HSC
people...please stop talking in FRENCH, ITS OVER!!!

chepas

HSC
You suck, all who have finished :p.

I agree with all who said that it was really extensiony. The listening, the voices got faster and faster and faster, it was terrible.

muzz said:
Je ne crois pas que tu sois heureux maintenant que l'on est fini.. Le francais fait une grande partie de ta vie.. c'est un fait
C'est vrai... mais on n'est jamais fini alors, s'il existe une passion.

For Q13 I did a big bitch about how girls wore these tiny mini skirts and a piece of string that qualifies as a top, and how guys must always get the brandnames - and how that is so important - in order to bed someone, and in order to be 'accepted', actually I enver mentionned anything about acceptance! NO! But I did crap on i think. The good thing about the diary entries is that we CAN crap on in a random stream of consciousness, I mean, consider the text type. It's a diary entry! Diaries are usually pretty random. For any option in past papers like in the trial or 1/2 yearly, or even the prelim exams, I always started the diary entry with:

Salut mon p'tit cahier de pensées.

EVERYTIME.

In the question 10 about the L'enfant est roi, the last two ltitle lines at the end I remember I said that he made a good argument by the very military offcious way of saying it, also by alluding to the French national anthem, it supported his argument with the negative tone or some bs.

(Think about it

"Aux armes, Parents!
Reformez vos rejetons..." compared to

"Aux armes, citoyens!
Formez vos bataillons..."

:D

Marchons, marchons, qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons!
Chépas :D.

chepas

HSC
nondil said:
Writing Q 12 was good, i also said that i'd met a chick chepas lol. cept mine was called Chloe lol.
HAHAH! I wonder how many stories of teenage angst and broken love the examiners are going to read...

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i know, i can imagine them all sitting there pissing themselves laughing at it all..
oh well

NICE technique about the national anthem, i didn't pick that up. they're gonna go orgasmic over that one i'll bet hehe, well done! :D

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Not half bad considering what I was expecting.

Listening- I thought the listening was rather uncomplicated. No huge telephone numbers to catch. Took me a while to get the thing about obesity though.

Reading- 1st passage was excellent. Loved it. Really good.
2nd passage- took me forever to decipher. Not really a fan of that question.

Writing- I did 12a and 13b. Meh. I never like writing. I'm a comprehension gal, but I slogged my way through it. Thought the questions sucked though. Weren't all that interesting.

Used my whole 3 hours. I needed it, I was working right up until the end.

I think my examiner thought I was a) schizophrenic or b) a loony or c) all of the above. I get in there, go through the usual crap about 10 minutes reading, abide by board rules etc. And she said "Any questions?"
Me: Umm. Yeah. Can I talk to myself during the exam?
Examiner: *stares at me as if I'd grown a third eyeball*... I guess. There's no-one else doing the exam *edges her way down the table* I'll be just over here, I won't bother you...--->
It was an legit, albeit and odd request. I did have the pleasure of muttering unintelligible french to myself.

But yeah, I had a good chat to my examiner during the reading time. :p Mind you, they're all the same, senile, 70 year old women who like to breathe heavily and stare continually at you for the entire duration of the exam.

Last edited:

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
wow, i talk to myself in french as well
i read out what ever im reading, it helps me understand it, or in the case of writing i read what i wrote to see if i can 'hear' any mistakes with that. works like a gem for me

problem was there were 10 other people in my exam room, and i was getting funny looks haha

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
"Aux armes, Parents!
Reformez vos rejetons..." compared to

"Aux armes, citoyens!
Formez vos bataillons..."

OMG! So true!! They are going to go orgasmic over that!!!

Goodonya!!! ;)

I think I just waffled on about how it alludes to something... I can't remember what, but at the time I remember it sounded good. Added to the structure and tone of the article...

nondil said:
wow, i talk to myself in french as well
i read out what ever im reading, it helps me understand it, or in the case of writing i read what i wrote to see if i can 'hear' any mistakes with that. works like a gem for me
Ah, good. There are others who are like me. Yeah, I can comprehend better by reading aloud.

chepas

HSC
OMG HIP!!!! HAHAHA :D THat is gold! But crikey, if they stare at you the entire exam long i'd like to bring my AK47 in next time, it'd drive me nuts.

My supervisors are really nice actually, they know me by name now, and I know two of them by n ame now too. We have chats about the future and their kids and school and whatever. Today it was a brief but rousing commentary about the American election... we're all peeved that Bush won :D.

You know when they go through the whole paper and try to explain the pages. When she got to question 10 she goes "Page 10 is question 10, *in pronunciation*, "Lenfont esst roy". I cacked myself and she explained that she spoke a strange dialect :D.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
haha... that was shocking!!!!
i had time left over cos i gave up on writing...
i did 12b and 13b... except i couldn't find the word for "piercings" and that was what my whole thing was based around.... my writing is sooo totally screwed!!!
oh and for my reason for staying in france, i said i wanted to stay with my french family cos they were nice and i liked the school system more. meh, i totally gave up!!!
but...

IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chepas

HSC
nondil said:
they're gonna go orgasmic over that one i'll bet hehe
AHHHHH. HAA!!! That just reminds me of a really dirty joke me and a friend have involving our English teacher, an eggplant and a carrot.

Intertextuality in its most extreme, almost irrelevent forms, is my specialty :D

Re: reading aloud. Ah good! I like to read the reading the passages aloud to make sure I am reading it with my eyes right :). But en voix soft though...

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
ive always just used les 'percings'... lol
its always seemed to work with me

reading aloud is the way to go. im ok at writing, but i way way better at speaking and listening so saying them helps me so so so much :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)