Latin score/rank? (1 Viewer)

shepwarp

HSC
Hey I was wondering what sort of mark out of 100 you would have to be looking at to top your course at Latin? It wouldnt' be a straight 100 would it?

shepwarp

HSC
You would have to top it in the external assessment only right? How does the internal assessment factor in?

aimstar

HSC
Hey, I think you would probably need 100 to top it personally. Most of the girls in my class last year got marks over 95, I'm not sure what the highest was but it would have been close. In extension, I got 49 in the assessment and 50 in the external and didnt get in the top list. A girl in my class got 50 and 50 and came fourth, so from that I reckon the top 4 in extension were ranked in order of whose actual HSC was the best. So for that reason I reckon latin continuers would be the same, a person may get 100 and top it, but if more do then it will be based on their raw HSC mark. This is just my opinion but, I have no idea if this is how it really works. Also remember, a mark of 100 in the HSC exam doesnt mean you didnt make a mistake, I know this because of the 50 i got in the extension- I can promise you, there is no way I had a perfect unseen!

shepwarp

HSC
lol... thanks for that :)... I'm from Tas so I have no idea how the HSC system works... it's the first year they're using it to assess Tas Latin because they don't run our own latin syllabus anymore :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)