languages (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
wondering if anyone else is doing a language course on this forum for the hsc?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Je sais pas franchement. Si les examinateurs HSC corrigent comme ma prof et s'attendent aux mêmes choses, alors ca va se passer bien. Sinon... :eek:
Elle a l'air sympa ta prof. Ouais je pense qu'ils seront compréhensifs (enfin c'est ce qu'on espère) alors ça devrait bien se passer. D'après ce que je vois ton niveau a l'air bien avancé. T'auras rien à craindre, tkt ! 🙏

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I am french cont and french ext :)
good luck!! i'm hoping that the 10-marker writing task isn't too bad

Je sais pas franchement. Si les examinateurs HSC corrigent comme ma prof et s'attendent aux mêmes choses, alors ca va se passer bien. Sinon... :eek:
me agreeing with this comment and nodding along as if i didn't plug the entire thing into google translate

okkk

HSC
good luck!! i'm hoping that the 10-marker writing task isn't too bad

me agreeing with this comment and nodding along as if i didn't plug the entire thing into google translate
Nah, I find writing pretty chill cos we have so much time but for listening, if they start talking about "pigcasso" or something like our trials I'm going to walk out 💀

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Nah, I find writing pretty chill cos we have so much time but for listening, if they start talking about "pigcasso" or something like our trials I'm going to walk out 💀
that 5 marker on the very last page of section 1 is actually so cringe my god, i always lose a mark or so there

okkk

HSC
that 5 marker on the very last page of section 1 is actually so cringe my god, i always lose a mark or so there
What I learnt to get 5 is just to keep it very simple and like try embody the voice of whoever the question is about. Like in the trials we got something about writing an email to a teacher about being late and so you just gotta sound like a distressed student and like offer an explanation and then like finish with something about catching up on all your homework to sound genuine.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
What I learnt to get 5 is just to keep it very simple and like try embody the voice of whoever the question is about. Like in the trials we got something about writing an email to a teacher about being late and so you just gotta sound like a distressed student and like offer an explanation and then like finish with something about catching up on all your homework to sound genuine.
That's actually contrary to what my teacher says for the listening component, she tells my class to write everything you hear down on the paper so you don't miss anything

For writing 5-markers, I have to actually try to simplify better. I end up going past what's required by a lot (a little is okay and my teacher says is expected, but sometimes it's a bit too long). I think my trials was writing about advising other people not to go somewhere in Japan in a forum, and I think my mind was in the longer-response mode at the time

okkk

HSC
That's actually contrary to what my teacher says for the listening component, she tells my class to write everything you hear down on the paper so you don't miss anything

For writing 5-markers, I have to actually try to simplify better. I end up going past what's required by a lot (a little is okay and my teacher says is expected, but sometimes it's a bit too long). I think my trials was writing about advising other people not to go somewhere in Japan in a forum, and I think my mind was in the longer-response mode at the time
Oh yeah I was talking about the 5 marker writing, yeah no for the listening for sure right everything down 😅, and write it down in french as well if you can, especially if it's a language question. That way you can just take your time to analyse stuff after the audio is playing and to not drop a mark there, I normally pretend it's a 7 mark question and try give 7 points for 5 marks so they don't really have an excuse to say lack of detail

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Finally finished Japanese Continuers, listening and both reading sections were nice (the second reading text I had to reread twice to understand it, I skipped over it during reading time because I was so confused when I first read it). The writing questions were chef's kiss

Oh yeah I was talking about the 5 marker writing, yeah no for the listening for sure right everything down 😅, and write it down in french as well if you can, especially if it's a language question. That way you can just take your time to analyse stuff after the audio is playing and to not drop a mark there, I normally pretend it's a 7 mark question and try give 7 points for 5 marks so they don't really have an excuse to say lack of detail
Very thankful the "refer to language" questions were nowhere to be found this year, though the summarise question did throw me off a bit... I just wrote down everything I heard in the notes section and then summarised it in the two dot points given best as I could

okkk

HSC
Finally finished Japanese Continuers, listening and both reading sections were nice (the second reading text I had to reread twice to understand it, I skipped over it during reading time because I was so confused when I first read it). The writing questions were chef's kiss

Very thankful the "refer to language" questions were nowhere to be found this year, though the summarise question did throw me off a bit... I just wrote down everything I heard in the notes section and then summarised it in the two dot points given best as I could
Yeah summarise you just gotta force yourself to not go over the lines which was nice considering my handwriting is small. Unfortunately for you I'd bet by bottom dollar that on Wednesday we're gonna get a "refer to language and content" question 😀. I just hope the reading and responding part B isn't some contrived oh write the letter in between these two letters sorta thing

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I just hope the reading and responding part B isn't some contrived oh write the letter in between these two letters sorta thing
nahhhh i was praying that wouldn't be the case this year 😭, i was doing those from past papers this morning, but it was last year for 2021's hsc so i was hoping on the very little chance but you never know, i'm super happy it wasn't

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Yeah summarise you just gotta force yourself to not go over the lines which was nice considering my handwriting is small.
my problem usually with summarising is that usually in the past papers (and the listening task from earlier) they speak way too fast for me 😭 i'm not sure what happened but to me they were slower this year (at least to me)

okkk

HSC
nahhhh i was praying that wouldn't be the case this year 😭, i was doing those from past papers this morning, but it was last year for 2021's hsc so i was hoping on the very little chance but you never know, i'm super happy it wasn't
After today's english exam where they basically asked the same question two years in a row, nothing is off the table anymore 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)