Key Ideas 'Australia' the movie (1 Viewer)

chanelno5

HSC
N/A
I need 3 key ideas from the 2008 movie Australia directed by Baz Luhrmann...
any help is appreciated :haha:
what i mean by key ideas are things like:
"journeys can be challenging" or
"the journey is the reward" etc

Kat92

HSC
I need 3 key ideas from the 2008 movie Australia directed by Baz Luhrmann...
any help is appreciated :haha:
what i mean by key ideas are things like:
"journeys can be challenging" or
"the journey is the reward" etc

* Lady Sarah Ashley (Nicole Kidman) undertakes a journey when cattle barons plot to steal her land she finds the challenge of working alongside the drover hugh jackman.

*Rewarding- in that whilst drover and sarah ashley travel the unforgiving lands of the continent, they befriend a young Aboriginal child and find love/peace with each other.

* Challenging- the duo face many hardships along their path such as the Japanese bombing Darwin, engulfing their world in chaos and war, whilst they try to help save the aboriginal people from having their children given away during the time of the stolen generation/ white australia policy.

chanelno5

HSC
N/A
* Lady Sarah Ashley (Nicole Kidman) undertakes a journey when cattle barons plot to steal her land she finds the challenge of working alongside the drover hugh jackman.

*Rewarding- in that whilst drover and sarah ashley travel the unforgiving lands of the continent, they befriend a young Aboriginal child and find love/peace with each other.

* Challenging- the duo face many hardships along their path such as the Japanese bombing Darwin, engulfing their world in chaos and war, whilst they try to help save the aboriginal people from having their children given away during the time of the stolen generation/ white australia policy.
thanks that was REALLY helpful... do you have any specific quotes from the movie that relate to those ideas?

Kat92

HSC
Sorry can't help you out with that, as I would only be able to provide basic ones about belonging as that was our AOS. Have you tried doing a google search??

chanelno5

HSC
N/A
Sorry can't help you out with that, as I would only be able to provide basic ones about belonging as that was our AOS. Have you tried doing a google search??
yeah i tried but it only came up with general movie quotes not particularly about journeys... what were your ones on belonging coz they could some how relate??

Kat92

HSC
yeah i tried but it only came up with general movie quotes not particularly about journeys... what were your ones on belonging coz they could some how relate??
*betwen drover and ashley:

Let's go home.
There's no place like it.

* Margarri-
If you've got no love in your heart, you've got nothing... No dreaming, not story, nothing.

*Ashley-
A woman? I suppose you think I should be back in Darwin, at the church fête or a lady's whatever you call it. Well I will have you know, I am as capable as any man.

There was more, these were the ones that I mostly used and discussed about in class.

chanelno5

HSC
N/A
*betwen drover and ashley:

Let's go home.
There's no place like it.

* Margarri-
If you've got no love in your heart, you've got nothing... No dreaming, not story, nothing.

*Ashley-
A woman? I suppose you think I should be back in Darwin, at the church fête or a lady's whatever you call it. Well I will have you know, I am as capable as any man.

There was more, these were the ones that I mostly used and discussed about in class.
oh did you do this in class??
cool thanks did you happen to know any websites where i could get quotes??
and also you gave me 3 ideas before except 2 were on "journeys can be challenging/have challenges" do you know another one? could "journeys take time" or "a journey can be a process" be some other ideas?? im not sure if they relate to Australia... what do you think?

Kat92

HSC
oh did you do this in class??
cool thanks did you happen to know any websites where i could get quotes??
and also you gave me 3 ideas before except 2 were on "journeys can be challenging/have challenges" do you know another one? could "journeys take time" or "a journey can be a process" be some other ideas?? im not sure if they relate to Australia... what do you think?

Yes, studied Australia for the belonging AOS module as our Advanced class had the day off to go view it with our teacher. Don't really know of any sites, however try a search like Australia Baz lurhman journey quotes and just keep refining it until you find something suitable.

Unfortunately at the moment I can't really think of a 3rd. I would agree that journeys can be a process a long and tedious one that a person can undertake for many years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)