Key human experiences in 1984 (1 Viewer)

NexusRich

HSC
I am writing an essay for 1984 which I could adapt for my trials, but Im kinda stuck with the structure of the essay; I am not too sure which human experiences I want to talk about in my 3 body paragraphs. right now, I am thinking of memories, love and hatred. But at the same time, majority of the novel is also about truth and propaganda. So I am not too sure which ones to include. Please let me know what human experiences you think are essential to include in a 1984 essay

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I found this high-quality essay on 1984 that also happens to be accompanied by some extensive notes which I feel would be useful for you to have a look at as it specifically explores the text with respect to the Common Module. The main ideas that were explored include:

Orwell portrays how individuals are restricted in their freedom of thought and expression within the control of a totalitarian government. (Freedom)

Nineteen Eighty-four reveals how an oppressive government intentionally suppresses individuals from establishing loving, romantic relationships. (Love)

Orwell furthermore represents how storytelling is a fundamental component in the shaping of one’s identity. (Identity)

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)