Journals (1 Viewer)

frostied

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, what do you all include in your journals? I'm doing a critical response and I feel like my journal is really empty. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

buriza

conviction
HSC
you should be mainly recording progress in your journal, such as literature you have read to inform your final product (I am assuming for critical responses there are many other texts you will be referring to)

Hombad

HSC
I put in annotated research, thoughts on work (from first term only), a couple of early brainstorms, a few paper drafts and a CD with my other drafts on it.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Anything and everything really.

What I did was have my journal beside me every time I was working on my major work. Whether I was doing research, writing drafts or doing plans, I'd paste it in there, along with some reflections on what I was doing each time and assessing it's quality/usefulness.

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
+1 anything and everything.

Mine was basically a brain-dump consisting of:

- recollections of my thought processes
- new ideas or research findings
- micro-short stories that I wrote because I felt like it (ostensibly to "improve my skills")
- offensive limericks
- sketches and drawings and cartoons, one of which I cut out and gave to a girl I liked

Everyone else had really neat and structured expositions on their processes and ideas, which made it patently obvious that they were just talking shit. I had fun with my journal. Apparently it gets pulled out for each incoming Year 12 class as an example of Even This Shit Can Get You Good Marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)