I've Got A Questions Kids (1 Viewer)

sluttyho

ay u know how they have that merit thing where ur name appears in tha newspapers if you get over 90, is 90 after scaling or before?, cos if its raw marks than i'm screwed!

BTW the title of this thread contains really bad grammer- soz!

leeraff

HSC
yeh it would be scaled.......bos only publishes the scaled to make themselves look good :p

TastesGoodBut

they align your mark withi n your school,

ie your aligned mark is the average of your hsc exam mark, and the mark of the person that came the same rank in the hsc as your overall rank internal

scaled is scaling of your aligned mark

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Actually, they align your exam mark as well, the exam mark is also aligned to the bands. The aligned mark isn't the one which is scaled by UAC, your raw exam mark is scaled by UAC... to my understanding anyway.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
no your raw mark isn't scaled by UAC, your HSC mark is the one that is scaled. If your HSC mark (a combination of your moderated assessment and exam marks) is in the 90;s (or band six), your name will appear in the paper....

sluttyho

thanks guys...i think i can conclude that it aint tha raw marks... expect to see the name 'sluttyho' in tha papers!

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
ok let "raw exam marks" be the average of your actual HSC exam mark and your raw moderated assessment mark, ie someone else from your school's exam mark which had a rank correspondign to your internal assessment mark.

the marks in the papers are your BOS marks, they take ur exam raw mark and align it into a band, (4,5,6 etc) then that is what u see on your record of achievement.

UAC take your raw exam marks and scale them differently to acheive a sort of ranking, which then gives you ur UAI..

aligned marks are generally higher than scaled marks, however, i think they are both generally higher than your raw mark in the hsc exam.. i spose that depends on the subject.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
oh and the BOS marks which are in bands.. are the ones that would get your name in the paper, on the ALl Rounders list, distinguished achievers etc..

UAC marks just give u ur UAI, and you dont get to find them out.. unless u use UAIseeker or something..

eveajac

hey guys...to clarify this can i point out that you NEVER actually find out you REAL, ACTUAL raw marks...the ones that appear on you certificate/results is an altered mark, aligned with the bands according to the spread of marks and the canditure etc. (and the one that will determine if you get over 90 etc) Marks are SCALED for the UAI and that is a completely different thing - you never really find that out either.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I guess thats what I was trying to explain--you just did it in a much more succinct way!!

Benno

HSC
eveajac i disagree

at that studentsline.org or whateva they on the 14th of novemeber show us out unaltered raw mark that was handed in by the teachers

but everyonec knows it will be changed (hopefully up) :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah we get to know our raw marks next Saturday....something they haven't done in previous years. Its so we can make sure our school sent in the right ranks and didn't fix it...

Benno

HSC
lol, i wish my school had "fixed" it

sent in +90 marks for me etc :D

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Originally posted by shazabdazla
you don't get your papers back do you
I've been wondering that too!
And if we don't get em back, do they at least recycle the paper? Because, seriously, how much paper do you think the HSC exams use all up?

Answers, anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)